I'm doing a Kotlin course, I've tried in IntelliJ Ultimate and IntelliJ Community, in two different computers, fresh installs, but the "executing tests" part is very slow.
- First computer has Ryzen 7 5700G, 16GB RAM.
- Second computer has a Ryzen 3 5300U, 8GB RAM.
- Both computers have an SSD.
- Operative system: Windows 10 Professional.
- IntelliJ Ultimate Edition v2022.3.1 with a legitimate license.
- IntelliJ Community Edition v2022.3.2.
- SDK: Oracle OpenJDK Version 17.0.5
- Kotlin version: 1.5.20 because that's the default version for the course. I tried changing it to more recent versions (1.8.10 and 1.7.21) but I still had the same issue.
On the first computer, even the most simple test like printing "Hello, Kotlin!" takes more than one minute, and on the second computer, the same test takes almost two minutes.
I don't know if tests are supposed to take that long but it really disrupts the working flow, I solve a test and then I have to wait a long time to check the results, or if I make a mistake and need to fix it, I have to wait even more time.