Long time intellij users, so will preface that I could have some legacy configuration causing issues. But my goal is to have my vagrantfiles parsed syntactically correctly and ideally with autocomplete. Right now, I have;
- Ruby plugin installed
- Running intellij ultimate 2016.3
- Vagrant plugin installed and configured correctly
- I noticed that the vagrantfile is listed in the registered Pattern for the ruby file type
- I have a ruby sdk linked to my project
So, I realize that vagrant no longer (for a long time) distributed as a gem so I am guessing the reason that I get all the "Cannot find . . " messages in my vagrantfile is that ruby can't find the vagrant code. So I though, lets remove vagrantfile from the list of files associated with Ruby and see what happens. I can't!
- If I remove it, the apply button doesn't un-ghost
- If I do something like add a new bogus registered pattern for ruby, the apply button shows, then I remove vagrantfile, then if I add yet another bogus pattern, the vagrantfile associates magically re-appears.
So I have run out of ideas on what I might need to do so that my vagrant files will parse and hopefully have autocomplete. But maybe I am just wishing for more than exists?