Had a working installation of PHPStorm 2016.3 on my Kubuntu 14.04 LTS. When I upgraded to Kubuntu 16.04 LTS I experienced the following issue.
1) I cannot paste any text with the standard Ubuntu Clipboard to PHPStorm (so Ctrl-C from any non-PHP-Storm with a Ctrl-V to PHPStorm does not work).
2) I can paste any text with the 2nd standard Ubuntu Clipboard to PHPStorm (so marking a text anywhere and using the middle mouse button to paste in PHPStorm is working.
3) Since I changed 'Copy as rich-text by default' to false in Settings I can copy & paste within PHPStorm (by CTR-C/V) - before that I was only able to paste within PHPStorm when I used the 'Paste as plain text' whenever a right-click context menu was available.
What I tried so far:
1) Checked all shortcuts (both within Ubuntu as well PHPStorm) - nothing changed here.
2) I replaced the OpenJDK by the Oracle 8 JDK as I read in a couple of postingst that those issues might be related to the used Java binaries.
What can/should I do? Because using an IDE without an intuitive Copy/Paste is a real pain!