AppCode keeps changing fileEncoding from 4 to 1 for Localizable.stringsdict file

Answered

AppCode keeps changing the `fileEncoding` from `4` to `1`. This happens as soon as I open AppCode even without visiting the file in question. 

- BD4ABFCA1E71FFEC000E39E4 /* Localizable.stringsdict */ = {isa = PBXFileReference; fileEncoding = 4; lastKnownFileType = text.plist.stringsdict; path = Localizable.stringsdict; sourceTree = "<group>"; };
+ BD4ABFCA1E71FFEC000E39E4 /* Localizable.stringsdict */ = {isa = PBXFileReference; fileEncoding = 1; lastKnownFileType = text.plist.stringsdict; path = Localizable.stringsdict; sourceTree = "<group>"; };

Is there a workaround for this annoyance?

Cheers!

Michael

14 comments
Comment actions Permalink
Official comment

Hi Michael.

Thanks for the report - that's something we were not aware of. What AppCode version are you using? Do you feel like it's a recent regression?

Comment actions Permalink

It looks like a recent regression that was introduced in the previous EAP build. Thankfully the new EAP version announced today no longer has this issue. 

Thanks!

0
Comment actions Permalink

Actually, I just switched branches in git and the problem is back. Let me see if the problem exists in the latest release version.

0
Comment actions Permalink

I have confirmed that the problem still exists with the current EAP:

AppCode 2017.2 EAP
Build #OC-172.2465.14, built on May 25, 2017
AppCode EAP User
Expiration date: June 24, 2017
JRE: 1.8.0_152-release-855-b1 x86_64
JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM by JetBrains s.r.o
Mac OS X 10.12.5

but does not exist with the latest release:

AppCode 2017.1.2
Build #OC-171.4249.57, built on May 2, 2017
Licensed to Michael Beauregard
You have a perpetual fallback license for this version
Subscription is active until November 13, 2018
JRE: 1.8.0_112-release-736-b21 x86_64
JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM by JetBrains s.r.o
Mac OS X 10.12.5

Let me know if there are any more details that I can provide that might help you.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Any update on this issue? It's still happening to me with the latest EAP:

AppCode 2017.2 EAP
Build #OC-172.2656.14, built on May 31, 2017
AppCode EAP User
Expiration date: June 30, 2017
JRE: 1.8.0_152-release-867-b5 x86_64
JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM by JetBrains s.r.o
Mac OS X 10.12.5
1
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Michael.

Sorry for delayed response, somehow we missed posts in this thread.

In case the issue is still actual in 2017.2 RC build 172.3317.73, could you please share a screenshot from Preferences -> Editor -> File Encodings?

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Tatiana, 

For me the issue is actual. It started after upgrading to latest 2017.2 release (non-eap, upgrade from 2017.1.3). In my case it affects fileEncoding option for all Python scripts, one of bash scripts, and all apple-app-site-association files.

Attaching my File Encodings.

0
Comment actions Permalink

same problem for me. It started after upgrading to the latest 2017.2 release of AppCode

0
Comment actions Permalink

The problem still exists in the current 2017.2 build:

AppCode 2017.2
Build #OC-172.3317.89, built on July 20, 2017
Licensed to Michael Beauregard
You have a perpetual fallback license for this version
Subscription is active until November 13, 2018
JRE: 1.8.0_152-release-915-b5 x86_64
JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM by JetBrains s.r.o
Mac OS X 10.12.5

Here are my File Encodings:

0
Comment actions Permalink

Same issue for me for the 2017.2 release.

5 files encoding in project.pbxproj are always be changed from 4 to 1:

 

I cannot use Appcode for this issue because it always triggle the version control of file project.pbxproj.

Please fix it ASAP!!!

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi guys,

We have discovered that the issue is caused by IDEA-176658. Please vote for the ticket and watch it for progress.

0
Comment actions Permalink

We have just published 2017.2.2 EAP build 172.3968.5 with the fix for the issue.

0
Comment actions Permalink

FYI, this is happening again in 2017.2.3 EAP, build 172.4155.27.

1
Comment actions Permalink

This appears to be fixed in 2017.2.5

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.