1) I created a new angular-cli projekt using "ng new karmaTest".
2) Under Run/Debug-Configurations I created a new Karma configuration:
Note I did not add a compilation task to be run before launch, because as I understand it, angular-cli will comile typescript files into memory when I run this debug configuration.
Here is the karma.conf.js (that was automatically created using "ng new". I made minor changes like adding 'sourceMap' true because of the advice in an another forum post, but it did not help.):
3) I added breakpoints in the "app.component.spec.ts" and "app.component.ts".
4) I started the karma configuration using the Debug button.
5) In the browser I can see, the 3 karma tests passed. However my breakpoints are not invoked. Any idea as to why?
I am using the newest release candidate Webstorm 2017.2 (but the problem was the same in 2017.12).
(In 2017.2 the new webpack package resolution is supported.)