I am trying to debug one of my wordpress plugins with PHPStorm and XDebug. Until a few weeks ago, this worked really well (so at one point, it was configured correctly), but now I am having the following issue:
1. I set a breakpoint in my plugin script
2. I run the website on my localhost
3. instead of halting at the breakpoint in my file “adm.php”, the “admin.php” from the wordpress installation is being opened in PHPStorm and halted at the first line
I suspect it halts at the first line because of Settings > PHP > Debug > Force Break at first line …
If I disable it, I get “Debug session was finished without being paused”.
Expected behaviour: PHPStorm halts at my breakpoints and does not open any additional files on its own that have no breakpoints.
- linux mint 21.2, kernel 6.2
- php 8.1, xdebug 3.1.2, phpinfo() validation passes, browser toolbar installed in chrome 119
- wordpress integration is enabled with the installation path set to the root of the wordpress folder
- apache localhost :80, xdebug on standard ports, no path mappings used
The problems coincided with PHPStorm's update with the new UI. Not sure if they are connected or if it's another component in the chain.