I don't expect to see this post gain much traction, but I thought it would be interesting to post anyway.
I would love to see the Manage Project dialog get a little love:
It's currently very limited, essentially:
- not resizable
- closes when any item is clicked
- can't multi-select items
- all commands (move, group, etc) are only accessible from right click
It seems to me that there's an opportunity for a new dialog that could solve a bunch of tasks in Web / PHPStorm:
- Better display of project file items
- Better selection, movement, reordering, grouping functionality
- Allows management of all open projects (including "Maximise All" on a Mac! I am forever doing this when I take my mac to and from work)
- Buttons for Create Project, etc, to be shown at all times
- Resizable, etc
- Maybe favourites and search
- Auto-cleanup of missing projects
I can't tell you how often I change projects between work and home, and each time it's a real chore:
- Going to File > Open Recent > Project
- Waiting for project to open
- Maximising the window (Mac, sadly :( )
- Repeating for some projects that have 2 projects (back and front, or plugin and test suite - both work and home at the moment!)
Sometimes I have 4 project windows open!
As I said, just a thought, but I'd be interested to see what others think!