PhpStorm v.2016.2.1 Font issue

I have a font installed that simply won't show up in PhpStorm. I have a Windows 7 x64 system, and the font is MONOFUR.  This font shows up in everything from Atom to Photoshop, and even Cmnder.  But I cannot get it to show up in my IDE.

 

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

8 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hello,

Where this font can be downloaded from?

1
Comment actions Permalink

You can find the font here (this is the exact font I used): http://www.dafont.com/monofur.font

 

Thanks! ;-)

 

 - Sven2157

0
Comment actions Permalink

Please try entering the font name in the dropdown, it has worked for me:

0
Comment actions Permalink

First, that is not as intuitive as it would or should seem.  While this does add the font, if you notice the message in the preview window, it is not correct.  It normally reads:

"PhpStorm is a full-featured IDE
with a high level of usability and outstanding
advanced code editing and refactoring support."

 

But with the MONOFUR font it reads (just like in your image):

"NfnQrmpk gq _ dsjj+dc_rspcb GBC

ugrf _ fgef jctcj md sq_`gjgrw _lb msrqr_lbgle

_bt_lacb ambc cbgrgle _lb pcd_armpgle qsnnmpr,"

 

If I open any files, they look all garbled too.  The entry that is in the list of fonts is "kmlmd sp".

*** EDIT ***

It is literally two characters off.  If you compare the first word in each 'PhpStorm' you can see that the characters are off by two: N is showing for P.  I suspect that it is the _ and ' in the lower case, and the ? and @ in the uppercase.

Either way, it is off by two characters.  So, I guess the question is: why does it work in all the other programs I use and not this one?

1
Comment actions Permalink

+1 for this font
So sad it does not work in Pycharm

0
Comment actions Permalink

Just reporting back.  I just updated my PhpStorm to version 2016.3.1 and my Java JDK/JRE to 1.8.0_112 and the issue still persists:

I marked the two characters, in the Upper and Lowercase lines that seem to have been truncated from the end of the line, and somehow attached to the front.  Any additional insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

0
Comment actions Permalink

Our apologies for losing the issue out of sight. I have created an issue, but you most probably wouldn't want to vote for it.
https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-165405

So, just note that it's there.

1
Comment actions Permalink

Though the original issue is still being investegated, there has been a response to the bug ticket (IDEA-165405).  In my comment there, I found using the version of monofur font from http://eurofurence.net/monofur.html, worked.

As I mentioned there; I installed both version from that link, the PostScript Type, and then the TrueType.  When I installed the TrueType, I was prompted to overwrite one of the fonts, of which I assume was the original one I got from http://www.dafont.com/monofur.font.  This seems to have worked, an I now have this font working in my phpStorm.

 

Thanks for the help, and Eugene for creating the ticket!

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.