Getting a lot of hangs (spinning beach ball) since upgrade to RubyMine 2016.3 Follow
Never used to get hangs (spinning beach ball) -- but since upgrading have been having to force quite RubyMine 2016.3 multiple times a day. Thought it was the project (and in fact the project got so I couldn't open it -- it would hang each time on startup) so removed the .idea folder and started again. But still getting this problem on this project.
Driving me crazy -- any thoughts?
Build #RM-163.7743.60, built on November 28, 2016
JRE: 1.8.0_112-release-408-b2 x86_64
JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM by JetBrains s.r.o
Please sign in to leave a comment.
since you've opened a support ticket as well with the same problem let's continue there (in order to have only one active thread).
Agreed -- wasn't 100% sure where to do it to begin with.
Did you discover anything from this ticket? I'm getting a lot more spinning beachballs with Rubymine 2016.2.3 and now 2016.3.2. Any tips?
there was a problem with how JavaFX interacts with Java (one of the related issues https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/RUBY-18230).
Please check how it goes with the last 2017.1 RC.
Thanks, Olga. I just tried downloading 2017.1 RC, and got a spinning beachball within 10 minutes. So that version didn't fix whatever problems I'm having.
does it still happen with 2017.1 release? What OS version do you have?
Sorry to buzz in, I am facing the same issue since 2016.3 and 2017.1 as well.
I am on macOS 10.12.3 (16D32)
there have been performance improvements in RubyMine 2017.1.2 EAP comparing to 2017.1, could you please check how it goes?
I just installed RubyMine 2017.1 and it hangs everytime I start it, within 60 seconds.
I have OS 10.11.6.
have you tried RubyMine 2017.1.3 or 2017.2 EAP?
I have 2017.1.5. Getting lots of hangs. Started hanging on welcome screen, locking me out of the app - until I discovered that bringing up the about box while launching allows it to launch.
Almost ready to switch to some other editor...
please check how it goes in RubyMine 2017.2.1 since there've been several performance improvements.
Still happening in 2017.2.1. It usually takes me several tries to start it, until I can get it to a running state without hanging. The hang does not occur right away - but happens when I click on some item in the code, or switch to a different file (or possibly other operations as well - haven't been tracking closely). I get the beach ball, and in 'top' it is using nearly 100% of a cpu, the memory size is slowly growing. I have to force-quit and try again.
could you please send me the whole logs' folder (Help | Show log in) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
@1283081081-Olga-Kuvardina @Olga, I'm also getting a lot of beach balls. My version is:
I first noticed the slowdown then doing a Refactor -> Safe Delete of a file which then brought the find tool to see usages. As soon as I tried to edit a file that was in the results of the usages the whole IDE started to slow down.
I'm emailing my logs and freeze dumps to email@example.com now. Thanks.