I've never had this problem before, I use find usages quite a bit and I've found it and appcode in general to be extremely stable.
howver I must be running into some kind of consistant edge condition because appcode has been crashing after a couple minutes of work as I trace through the functionality of some classes.
I dont think I am doing anything odd. this is my process.
- I find usages for a property in a class.
- pin the tab
- look through each usage until I see another property or function I want to look into
- do a second find usages for that property or function
- when I discover something useful I add a note to a non-project txt file that is open in another window
- continue through all the usages of the original properties
it usually takes anywhere from 1-4 times for appcode to crash.