I have downloaded AppCode to try it at work, but when I load our Xcode project, it stalls out building symbols about 25% of the way through (visual estimate) and gives me the Out of Memory window. I have upped the Xmx value twice now to 4096 MB, and it still gives me the error.
When I check the Activity Monitor or top, it looks like the appcode process is only really using about 1 GB of space, spread across (looking now) 62 threads.
XX:MaxPermSize = 350 MB
XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize = 96 MB
Also, when I get that error window, the app is nigh unresponsive (it seems to process UI once every several seconds or so), and it takes several minutes to actually shut down.
The project is rather large and uses some pretty heavy boost/templatized code, so I'm not surprised it takes a while to build all the symbols, but it would be nice if I could get the app to actually finish loading so I could try it. I've used it on smaller projects at home and it works pretty well thus far.
Thanks for any assistance you can give me.