AppCode 1.6.4 does not start anymore

Hi,

Since yesterday, before updating Xcode to 4.6, AppCode stopped starting. I did not install plugins and I do not think I have change anything in the settings since its last successfull startup.
AppCode is stuck on the startup little window showing AppCode and its version.

Here is the log of AppCode:

2013-01-30 09:53:27,055 [      0]   INFO -        #com.intellij.idea.Main - ------------------------------------------------------ IDE STARTED ------------------------------------------------------
2013-01-30 09:53:27,607 [    552]   INFO -        #com.intellij.idea.Main - IDE: JetBrains AppCode (build #OC-121.435, 05 Dec 2012 00:00)
2013-01-30 09:53:27,607 [    552]   INFO -        #com.intellij.idea.Main - JRE: 1.6.0_37-b06-434-11M3909 (Apple Inc.)
2013-01-30 09:53:27,607 [    552]   INFO -        #com.intellij.idea.Main - JVM: 20.12-b01-434 (Apple Inc.)
2013-01-30 09:53:27,607 [    552]   INFO -        #com.intellij.idea.Main - JNA library loaded (64-bit) in 0 ms
2013-01-30 09:53:27,786 [    731]   INFO -        #com.intellij.idea.Main - Snappy library loaded (1.0.4) in 178 ms
2013-01-30 09:53:30,970 [   3915]   INFO - llij.ide.plugins.PluginManager - 16 plugins initialized in 1615 ms
2013-01-30 09:53:30,971 [   3916]   INFO - llij.ide.plugins.PluginManager - Loaded plugins:IDEA CORE, Markdown (0.8.3), Native Neighbourhood (1.3.0), CSS Support, CVS Integration (11), Git Integration (8.1), Task Management (1.0), GitHub, hg4idea (10.0), HTML Tools (2.0), JavaScript Support (1.0), Inspection-JS (2.0), JavaScript Intention Power Pack (0.9.4), Perforce Integration (2.0), Subversion Integration (1.1), TFS Integration (999.999)
2013-01-30 09:53:33,847 [   6792]   INFO - ellij.util.io.PagedFileStorage - lower=100; upper=200; buffer=10; mmap=true
2013-01-30 09:53:34,223 [   7168]   INFO - api.vfs.impl.local.FileWatcher - Starting file watcher: /Applications/AppCode.app/bin/fsnotifier
2013-01-30 09:53:34,260 [   7205]   INFO - api.vfs.impl.local.FileWatcher - Native file watcher is operational.
2013-01-30 09:53:35,041 [   7986]   INFO - s.impl.stores.FileBasedStorage - Document was not loaded for $APP_CONFIG$/path.macros.xml file is null
2013-01-30 09:53:35,041 [   7986]   INFO - .impl.stores.XmlElementStorage - Document was not loaded for $APP_CONFIG$/path.macros.xml
2013-01-30 09:53:36,412 [   9357]   INFO - .history.utils.LocalHistoryLog - local history version mismatch (was: 0, expected: 5), rebuilding...
2013-01-30 09:53:36,412 [   9357]   INFO - .history.utils.LocalHistoryLog - FS has been rebuild, rebuilding local history...
2013-01-30 09:53:37,156 [  10101]   INFO - jetbrains.ide.WebServerManager - web server started, port 63342
2013-01-30 09:53:38,672 [  11617]   INFO - s.impl.stores.FileBasedStorage - Document was not loaded for $APP_CONFIG$/macros.xml file is null
2013-01-30 09:53:38,672 [  11617]   INFO - .impl.stores.XmlElementStorage - Document was not loaded for $APP_CONFIG$/macros.xml
2013-01-30 09:53:38,684 [  11629]   INFO - s.impl.stores.FileBasedStorage - Document was not loaded for $APP_CONFIG$/quicklists.xml file is null
2013-01-30 09:53:38,684 [  11629]   INFO - .impl.stores.XmlElementStorage - Document was not loaded for $APP_CONFIG$/quicklists.xml


Any idea ?
3 comments

It turns out that AppCode finally started while I was writing my first post. Here is the log :

2013-01-30 10:09:41,489 [ 974434]   INFO - llij.util.io.PersistentHashMap - Compacted /Users/philou/Library/Caches/appCode10/index/idindex/IdIndex in 961832ms.
2013-01-30 10:09:45,633 [ 978578]   INFO -            #com.jetbrains.cidr - Xcode found in '/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer'
2013-01-30 10:09:46,315 [ 979260]   INFO -            #com.jetbrains.cidr - Configuring SDKs for Xcode 4.6 (4H127) located in /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
2013-01-30 10:09:46,373 [ 979318]   INFO -            #com.jetbrains.cidr - Platform configured: 'iOS 6.1 (iphoneos)'
2013-01-30 10:09:46,511 [ 979456]   INFO -            #com.jetbrains.cidr - Platform configured: 'iOS 6.1 (iphonesimulator)'
2013-01-30 10:09:46,557 [ 979502]   INFO -            #com.jetbrains.cidr - Platform configured: 'OS X 1.1 (macosx)'
2013-01-30 10:09:46,594 [ 979539]   INFO -            #com.jetbrains.cidr - SDK configured: 'iOS 6.1 (iphoneos6.1)' for platform: 'iOS 6.1 (iphoneos)'
2013-01-30 10:09:46,597 [ 979542]   INFO -            #com.jetbrains.cidr - SDK configured: 'Simulator - iOS 5.1 (iphonesimulator5.1)' for platform: 'iOS 6.1 (iphonesimulator)'
2013-01-30 10:09:46,598 [ 979543]   INFO -            #com.jetbrains.cidr - SDK configured: 'Simulator - iOS 6.0 (iphonesimulator6.0)' for platform: 'iOS 6.1 (iphonesimulator)'
2013-01-30 10:09:46,600 [ 979545]   INFO -            #com.jetbrains.cidr - SDK configured: 'Simulator - iOS 6.1 (iphonesimulator6.1)' for platform: 'iOS 6.1 (iphonesimulator)'
2013-01-30 10:09:46,605 [ 979550]   INFO -            #com.jetbrains.cidr - SDK configured: 'Mac OS X 10.7 (macosx10.7)' for platform: 'OS X 1.1 (macosx)'
2013-01-30 10:09:46,609 [ 979554]   INFO -            #com.jetbrains.cidr - SDK configured: 'OS X 10.8 (macosx10.8)' for platform: 'OS X 1.1 (macosx)'
2013-01-30 10:09:47,717 [ 980662]   INFO - pl.stores.ApplicationStoreImpl - 75 application components initialized in 976099 ms

It seems that AppCode compacted the index and that it took a lot of time.

0

Philippe,
thanks for letting us know about the problem. We have already improved indexing compaction in 2.0 EAP so it should be much faster now.

0

Anton,

Thanks for your answer. It seems I should try the EAP now then :).

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.