I saw the pinned announcement in the forum that bug reports should go into YouTrack, but I wanted to confirm here before generating about 9 separate YouTracks for all the help that CMake syntax support requires.
I did actually attempt to find in the release notes whether CMake was "on the roadmap" and thus my expectations of CLion's syntax support for it should be moderated, but the Known issues did not read that way. It is also an open question about how many of these are "feature requests" versus "bugs according to the expectation of a supported file format in a JetBrains product", especially one so absolutely critical to the way CLion works.
So, unless directed otherwise, I will create YouTracks for the following:
- Quick Documentation does nothing in CMake files (extra super important!)
- Go To Declaration does nothing for symbols in CMake files
- Go To Declaration does nothing for pre-proc symbols defined by CMake
- Built-in CMake variable auto-complete
- User defined variable auto-complete
- Parser recovery not helpful
- Reformat code does nothing in CMake files
- Inspections for provably wrong statements (feature request)
- CMake cache help icon is a broken link
I did try searching to see if these issues were already raised, but didn't find any. Another fine reason to ask before creating a lot, in case I just didn't use the correct search criteria.
So are these known issues, or should I file YouTracks so I will know when they are fixed?