Confused about sync

Hey all,

I think this product might become the IDE the barren wasteland of SQL IDE's is missing :)

I'm experiencing some weird things with the sync feature however.
In my database I removed- and added some objects.
Sometimes (haven't found the exact circumstances yet) quick search (shift, shift) knows about the new tables, but the object list is still in a stale state.
Sync (ctrl+alt+y) doesn't always fix it when I'm at namespace (dbo) level. I have to go to the root level to actually sync.

Has anyone found similar issues? Did anyone find the exact situation where the sync seems to drop the ball?

4 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hello.

> Sometimes (haven't found the exact circumstances yet) quick search (shift, shift) knows about the new tables, but the object list is still in a stale state.
Without steps to reproduce I can only guess: Search Everywhere (shift shift is called so) may show elements defined in a source code, e.g. in database console or an SQL file. They are available immediately, without database synchronization.

> Sync (ctrl+alt+y) doesn't always fix it when I'm at namespace (dbo) level. I have to go to the root level to actually sync.
Not sure what happens in this case. Can you elaborate? What elements do you create, can you provide a DDL? What permissions do they get in the database? How synchronization looks visually: does it complete, are there any error messages, etc?

Thank you,
Alexander.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hey Alexander,

Thanks for comming back to me with this.
The past few days I have tried to recreate the issue, but can't seem to pinpoint the exact parameters.

The table I was creating was pretty straight forward (id (identity(1,1), primary key), some string fields, one binary(max) column, no dependencies.
The synchronization looked like it was finished (the loading anim in the top right corner of the object explorer dissapeared), but I didn't check the error log.

I did notice however that on starting 0xdbe I get the message Error Loading Project: Cannot load [x] modules.
The number of modules seems to slowly increase over time. When I look at the paths of the modules it can't find, the files are there.
The path points to a network path.

Could this have to do anything with the issue? If so, can I configure this base path?
If I encounter a time where I have to do a lot of drop/create scripts again, I will be more mindfull of the circumstances so I can recreate the correct steps again.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hello.

Not sure, does it relate to synchronization problem, but modules on network paths are really not supported (similar issue, for example: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/DBE-254, and see the developer's comment there). It is better to work around this issue anyway.

Regards,
Alexander.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Don't know if this is resolving my issues, but everything is MUCH snappier now.
Loading and synchronization have gone from 'coffee break' to near instant :)

My guess is previously it just tried accessing the folder untill it timed out ...

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.