Having created new SBT projects from Typesafe Activator for play and scala, I tested the compiler by putting garbage in my code, the compiler never manages to report errors.
I have tried the following:
- Uninstalled 14 and all previous versions and removed any user settings (Mac) and installed 14 fresh
- Uninstalled and reinstalled the scala plugin 1.0 - and manually invalidated caches
- Used the following compilers:
- Scala compiler server
- IDEA compiler (incremental and non-incremental)
- SBT compiler
- Created a fresh Play 2 SBT project only within Idea 14
- Created a standard scala project from Activator
- Changed the scala version from 2.11.1 -> 2.11.4
- Changed the Play Framework version up to latest 2.3.6
The result of the above tests all resulted in the compiler failing to report errors.
I have created a standard scala SBT project only within Idea 14 and that DID catch errors on compilation - but this was the only test that worked. Having had success with this, I then changed through all compiler options and still got positive results.
So it looks like a problem compiling Typesafe Activator / Play 2 scala projects
At the moment I can only use Idea as a very expensive text editor and then compile from command line with SBT - so really hoping this gets resolved soon.