JetGroovy redlining the standard GSP tags... Is it me, or broken?

Hi, everyone.

I'm on 7.0.3 of Idea (and alternately the latest Selena as I'm testing this) on OS X Leopard. I have Grails 1.0.2 installed, and also Groovy 1.5.4.

I created a grails application outside of Idea, and was able to point a Grails project to it. Most things work, however the GSP support seems broken, as all gsp tags are red. Recently, they worked, but only in getting the tag completion working, not the attributes inside the tags. I also created a new Grails project from Idea, and had the same issue.

I'm on the latest Leopard.

I removed all plugins from the Application Support directory and re-downloaded the JetGroovy plugin, but to no avail. The project is marked as a Grails project facet as well as Spring.

Am I doing something wrong or is this support currently broken? I'd love to see it functioning. Also, I removed idea.plist and restarted, hoping there were settings there causing trouble, but it seems not.

Thanks,

Ken Rimple

6 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Ok, I've gotten further on this:

I moved ~/Library/Preferences/IntelliJIDEA70 out of the way, relaunched Idea, re-entered my license key. I opened up my Grails project, set my grails and groovy home again, and now the tags are seen, and code completion of the tag name seems to work. I don't get attributes, though--I'm assuming that these aren't available yet?

Ken

0
Comment actions Permalink

Dynamic tag attributes cannot be extracted statically, at least not in general case.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Ken,

Please, make sure, that your Grails facet is set up properly. I. e. path to Grails installation directory is specified correctly in Groovy/Grails settings dialog and appropriate global library GRAILS is added to your module.

Edited by: Ilya Sergey on Apr 30, 2008 12:42 AM

0
Comment actions Permalink

Same issue here (same configuration). After upgrading Grails from 1.0 to 1.0.2, all grails-tags where redlined.

After removing the preferences, the tags are shown correct but insinde the groovy editor, every closure was marked up as an error saying "cannot convert ...closure to ...object".

0
Comment actions Permalink

Did you download the Grails source or binary release? After making sure I had both in one directory structure (/opt/java/grails-1.0.2) I pointed my GRAILS_HOME to that directory and the code completion errors went away. I still do not have attribute completion in the GSPs (although an earlier poster thought that it wasn't possible). However, you CAN apple/ctrl click on the GSP tag and it does go straight to the source. That is nice, so at least you can view what the tag developer expects in terms of arguments for the closure.

Ken

0
Comment actions Permalink

I downloaded the binary realeases and simply replaced the content of the original folders (called grails and groovy).

I "fixed" my issue by creating a new project and importing the sources. Now everything works fine. But I'm afraid of the next update ;)

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.