Scala Code Analysis freezes Follow
When I open some scala class it analyzes only part of file. I can see an eye in right top corner with messages: "Performing code analysis" and "No errors or warnings found so far" forever.
IDEA v11.1.2, Scala plugin v0.5.808
Please sign in to leave a comment.
It means exception during code analyses. Please attach idea log file, then I'll check it (http://devnet.jetbrains.net/docs/DOC-181).
There are a lot of ClassCastException: com.intellij.psi.tree.IFileElementType cannot be cast to com.intellij.psi.tree.IStubFileElementType:
There is nothing from Scala plugin (according to this exception).
Also I think that File -> Invalidate Caches should help you. If not, please report this here: http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues/IDEA
Thank you, it was because of those damn caches %)
I found same problem reported here http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/SCL-4457.
Cleaning caches didn't resolve the problem.
I also have this problem in IntelliJ 12.1.4 for Play Framework with Scala. Here are some Thread dumps, log files, etc. I have done Invalidate Caches and it does NOT help.
Please try to put -Xss4096 to your IDEA settings, if it helps, then I'll fix it in October, we need just to reduce stack usage.
Ok. I will try that and report back to you.
Here are some great news! It worked flawlessly! I also chose to use the idea64 binary instead of the regular idea application. It may not have made any difference but the -Xss4096 sure did!
Alas I also have this problem and I've tried both the -Xss4096 and invalidate caches tips but still the code completion fails to finish and the CPU goes through the roof. The log dir has thread dumps and I've attached one in the hope it helps. Also if it helps, it started happening after I upgraded to plugin version 0.19.299.
Ok so the reference I made to this freezing starting after the latest plugin update is (I think) purely coincidence, so pls disregard.
I've narrowed this problem down in my case to having multiple assignments within a for-comprehension. Specifically I'm performing a series of regular expression checks, so something like :
In IDEA the syntax checking takes progressively longer as I add more and more regex checks. Finally as I add some comparisons on the various regex match combinations, it freezes all together.
So, this might all just be highlighting my inefficient code ; but I am able to reproduce the freezing of IDEA (even after -Xss4096'ing it).
Your attached threaddump is not about Scala plugin.
It would be really helpful to take a look for full example of your for comprehension. Or probably just to take a look at CPU snapshot.
-Xss4096 does not work for me.