Differences in error Highlighting between Community and Ultimate editions

Hello guys,

I've been using IDEA Community edition to develop in Scala for a while. The error highlighting experimental feature needs some help with data types but in general was working ok for me.

I've decided to test the Ultimate edition, but I've found that the IDE is highlighting errors that are not highlighted in the community edition. This happens with Lift projects with Maven.

The errors are not really errors. I have many "cannot resolve symbol ..." about methods or properties suggested in the code completion. Any idea about what it is different between both versions of the IDE that could trigger the problem?

Thanks in advance,

GA

6 comments
Comment actions Permalink

There shouldn't be difference between this two versions. I think difference is between IDEA versions (Community was 10.0.0, Ultimate was 10.0.1). Last builds except 0.4.407 are incompatible with 10.0.1, so this is possible problem.
I'll test 0.4.407 and upload it to plugin manager. And you will be able to say, is it ok.

Best regards,
Alexander Podkhalyuzin.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Thanks for your answer!

I have the plugin version 0.4.345. I think you are right about the IDEA versions. I haven't updated my IDEA CE to 10.0.1 yet.

It would be perfect if you can upload the new plugin version. Please let me know once you've done it so I can install it and activate the error highlighting again.

Thanks again for your help.

GA

0
Comment actions Permalink

Just updated version 0.4.407. Please try it.

Best regards,
Alexander Podkhalyuzin.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hello Alexander,

I've applied the new version but the problem persists, too many errors reported about code is correct. It compiles and work ok.

I have upgraded my CE version to 10.0.1 and you were right, the issue is present in both IDEs. It looks like 10.0.1 has broken something in the plug in.

I will keep the error highlighting off for a now. Other than that, the plug in is perfect, thanks for the good work!

Cheers,

GA

0
Comment actions Permalink

Ok, then I need some examples about this error highlighting. It's really improtant because of difference between not Scala plugin versions, so It seems some incompatibilities still persists (which I didn't see, now I use 10.0.1 version).

Best regards,
Alexander Podkhalyuzin.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Here you have an example:

Tribe.findByKey(request.tribeId) match {
                                        case Full(newTribe) => {
                                            newTribe.save
                                            newSource.tribes.clear
                                            newSource.tribes += newTribe
                                            newSource.save
                                        }
                                        case _ =>
                                    }



This is a Lift construction. I am receiving a "Cannot resolve symbol +=". It happens several times.

Here is another example:

                        for (source <- ContentTribeVW.findAll(...several parameters to build the SQL ...)
                            try {
                                val userSourceActivity: UserSourceActivity = UserSourceActivity.create
                                userSourceActivity.userID(request.userId)
                                userSourceActivity.sourceID(source.id)
                                   ...

                                   ...

The error is always "Cannot resolve symbol..." It appears three times in this piece of code: findAll, sourceID and id.

And several others in similar situations. Adding some declarations solve some issues but I could not find a solution for the := or for the findAll.

In all the cases the code completion works just fine offering me the correct methods.

Cheers,

GA
0

Please sign in to leave a comment.