I have tried the following:
1. "Strip trailing spaces on Save" = "All" and "Allow placement of caret after end of line" off.
- Doesn't work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mChERGVl9Xo&feature=youtu.be
2. "Strip trailing spaces on Save" = "All" and "Allow placement of caret after end of line" on.
- Doesn't work, same as video above
3. Recording a macro to find `[ ]+$` and replace all
- Macro seems to use "replace" instead of "replace all", or maybe it didn't record that I selected "regex" checkbox
4. Configuring an "external tool" `sed -i '' -E 's/[ ]+$//g' $FilePath$`
- My sed command works on command line, fails in rubymine with:
/usr/bin/sed -i '' -E 's/[ ]+$//g' /Users/jared/redacted/README.md
sed: 1: "'s/[": invalid command code '
Maybe rubymine is putting double quotes around the pattern parameter.
I've spent over an hour trying to get this simple feature to work, so please tell me there's a way to actually strip trailing whitespace in rubymine.
Attachment(s):Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 2.25.17 PM.png