Debugger does not halt at Breakpoints - Mac OS X - RubyMine 6.3.3

Greetings All !
I am newbie to rubymine IDE. I am encountering a strange problem which is this -
debugger has stopped pausing at breakpoints set. This is a sudden development, and any number of reboots to both to the IDE and the machine does not help. When I set breakpoints and start debugging the app, I see that the IDE is adding breakpoints on the console because I see messages like "9987: <breakpointAdded no="1" location="/Users/xxxxxCode/yyyyy/AT11_6/automated-tests/Cucumber/step_definitions/SiteReDesign/details.rb:136"/>" , but the debugger does not halt at those breakpoints.
I am at my wits end.
This is impacting my work big time. I will be extremely grateful if someone can offer any help. Has anyone seen this before ? I cannot upgrade to the next latest version of rubymine because, the company does not have licence for it. Also this was working before, and suddenly stopped working after I restarted my machine.
Any help/suggestions/solution will be highly appreciated.
Best
Dharmendra

5 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hi,

what ruby sdk are you using?  Does the file is (somehow) simplinked (either is it a symlynk or in derectory which is symlinked)

Regards, Oleg.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Oleg,
very kind of you to have responded to my post. Thanks a bunch. The ruby version is ruby-193-p194 (Screenshot attached). thats the active rvm. Unfortunately I am not geek enough to answer other questions , but will be happy to if you can point me in the right direction.
Let me throw some more light on my situation -
I am an automation engineer. The current app that I am testing has a number of cucumber features, running watir driver which inturn wraps Selenium webdriver.
If I try to debug pure ruby calls (setting up enviromnent etc..), the debugger halts at the Breakpoints, but the moment we get to the section where the webdrivers are involved, the debugger does not halt at the breakpoints. Breakpoints are added (I see those entries in the console) but it never pauses or halts, and flies past .
Thanks again and let me know if you need any other info that may be useful. Standing by for your suggestions.
Best Regards
Dharmendra K



Attachment(s):
Screen Shot 2015-01-23 at 10.38.37 AM.png
0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Dharmendra,

could you please try to run debugger in verbose mode (Settings|Debugger|Ruby) and provide whole output you will get in debugging console.

Regards, Oleg.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Oleg,
The verbose console message is attached as a text file..
Just so that you know - Breakpoint no = 4 is the Only breakpoint where it pauses. we are setting up environment here. the other breakpoints are ignored.. I mentioned this earlier
31538: Starting control thread
31538: Processing in control: b /Users/dkrishnamurthi/Code/opentable/AT11_6/automated-tests/Cucumber/Pages/Consumer/Start.rb:466
31538: <breakpointAdded no="1" location="/Users/dkrishnamurthi/Code/opentable/AT11_6/automated-tests/Cucumber/Pages/Consumer/Start.rb:466"/>
31538: Processing in control: b /Users/dkrishnamurthi/Code/opentable/AT11_6/automated-tests/Cucumber/step_definitions/start.rb:79
31538: <breakpointAdded no="2" location="/Users/dkrishnamurthi/Code/opentable/AT11_6/automated-tests/Cucumber/step_definitions/start.rb:79"/>
31538: Processing in control: b /Users/dkrishnamurthi/Code/opentable/AT11_6/automated-tests/Cucumber/step_definitions/SiteReDesign/start.rb:21
31538: <breakpointAdded no="3" location="/Users/dkrishnamurthi/Code/opentable/AT11_6/automated-tests/Cucumber/step_definitions/SiteReDesign/start.rb:21"/>
31538: Processing in control: b /Users/dkrishnamurthi/Code/opentable/AT11_6/automated-tests/Cucumber/support/env.rb:32
31538: <breakpointAdded no="4" location="/Users/dkrishnamurthi/Code/opentable/AT11_6/automated-tests/Cucumber/support/env.rb:32"/>
31538: Processing in control: start
31538: Starting: running program script

Thanks again.
Best
Dharmendra K



Attachment(s):
Console_message_Verbose_Debugging.txt.zip
0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi,

it looks like a bug/limittion of our debugger could you please file a ticket about the problem in our tracker (https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues/RUBY)
with simple test project which demonstrates the problem.

Regards, Oleg.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.