cannot load debase_internals

I get this when trying to run the debugger.
I tried to install the debase gem but it fails.


RubyMine 6.3.3
OS X 10.9.3

rvm info

    uname:       "Darwin Macintosh-2.local 13.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.2.0: Thu Apr 17 23:03:13 PDT 2014; root:xnu-2422.100.13~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64"
    system:      "osx/10.9/x86_64"
    bash:        "/bin/bash => GNU bash, version 3.2.51(1)-release (x86_64-apple-darwin13)"
    zsh:         "/bin/zsh => zsh 5.0.2 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.0)"

    version:      "rvm 1.25.27 (stable) by Wayne E. Seguin <>, Michal Papis <> []"
    updated:      "9 days 19 hours 40 minutes 24 seconds ago"
    path:         "/Users/rbirch/.rvm"

    interpreter:  "ruby"
    version:      "2.1.2p95"
    date:         "2014-05-08"
    platform:     "x86_64-darwin13.0"
    patchlevel:   "2014-05-08 revision 45877"
    full_version: "ruby 2.1.2p95 (2014-05-08 revision 45877) [x86_64-darwin13.0]"

    gem:          "/Users/rbirch/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.1.2@snoopit"
    ruby:         "/Users/rbirch/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.1.2"

    ruby:         "/Users/rbirch/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.1.2/bin/ruby"
    irb:          "/Users/rbirch/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.1.2/bin/irb"
    gem:          "/Users/rbirch/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.1.2/bin/gem"
    rake:         "/Users/rbirch/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.1.2/bin/rake"

    PATH:         "/Users/rbirch/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.1.2@snoopit/bin:/Users/rbirch/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.1.2@global/bin:/Users/rbirch/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.1.2/bin:/Users/rbirch/.rvm/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/Users/rbirch/bin:/usr/local/share/npm/bin"
    GEM_HOME:     "/Users/rbirch/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.1.2@snoopit"
    GEM_PATH:     "/Users/rbirch/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.1.2@snoopit:/Users/rbirch/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.1.2@global"
    MY_RUBY_HOME: "/Users/rbirch/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.1.2"
    IRBRC:        "/Users/rbirch/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.1.2/.irbrc"
    RUBYOPT:      ""

    gemset:       "snoopit"

Comment actions Permalink

I've tried to install debase on my Mac with rvm and everything works :(
I suspect it may cause by some incompatibility of compilers (e.g. you have a newer version of compiler comparing to one which was used to install the ruby sdk).
I'd try to update brew/xcode and reinstall ruby with a newer version.
It is not a perfect way but I have feeling that native extentions for ruby are rather fragile :(

Hope this helps, Oleg.

Comment actions Permalink

Thanks you very much, Oleg.
Good catch, compiler version mismatch, makes sense.
It is working great now!

Comment actions Permalink

I'm glad you have resolved the problem.  You are not the first person who has such problem, I think this is a common problem for any ruby native extension :(

Regards, Oleg.


Please sign in to leave a comment.