I was wondering if anyone has had success with using chruby on OS/X. I'm trying it out and it works great to switching my ENV. I added the newly installed rubies as Ruby SDK's in IntelliJ however IntelliJ doesn't detect any of my installed gems, including bundler and rails.
My environment is
- OS/X Mavericks 10.9
- IntelliJ IDEA (Cardea) IU-132.947
- Ruby plugin 184.108.40.20631106
I installed chruby via homebrew and used ruby-install to install MRI 1.9.3-p448 and 2.0.0-p247 and added them as Ruby SDK's. Now when I view the Gems tab for my module, the gems list is blank.
My rubies are installed under ~/.rubies and the gems are installed under ~/.gem. So when I'm using 1.9.3 my gem environment looks like the following:
- RUBYGEMS VERSION: 1.8.23
- RUBY VERSION: 1.9.3 (2013-06-27 patchlevel 448) [x86_64-darwin13.0.0]
- INSTALLATION DIRECTORY: /Users/kwalters/.gem/ruby/1.9.3
- RUBY EXECUTABLE: /Users/kwalters/.rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p448/bin/ruby
- EXECUTABLE DIRECTORY: /Users/kwalters/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/bin
- RUBYGEMS PLATFORMS:
- GEM PATHS:
- GEM CONFIGURATION:
- :update_sources => true
- :verbose => true
- :benchmark => false
- :backtrace => false
- :bulk_threshold => 1000
- REMOTE SOURCES:
I've tried adding the /Users/kwalters/.gem/ruby/1.9.3 GEM PATH to the classpath list in the 1.9.3 Ruby SDK configuration in IntelliJ but it doesn't help.
If anyone has any suggestions or perhaps some options to try it would be a great help.