I'm a new user to cucumber in rubymine, and I'm unable to run an existing cucumber project folder (not originally created in rubymine). Here are the steps that I followed.
- Start rubymine 3.2
- Quick Start > Open Directory
- Navigate to the existing project folder for a cucumber suite (the base folder, not the features folder). The folder opens correctly and loads the feature folder and all my feature files and the step_definitions folder with the ruby step definition files.
- I expand the features folder in the project tree
- I right click the feature file that I want to run
- I click the "Create run configuration from context" option
- I keep the default settings for the run configuration and click OK
- I right click on the feature file again, and I run the configuration
- The test "instantiates" in the status window" and then immediately shows failure for all the features and steps (big red circle with X in the middle)
- The log indicates the following:
C:\Ruby192\bin\ruby.exe -e $stdout.sync=true;$stderr.sync=true;load($0=ARGV.shift) C:\Ruby192\bin/cucumber "C:/Test Project/features/create report.feature" --format Teamcity::Cucumber::Formatter --expand --color -r features
Testing started at 4:07 PM ...
You can implement step definitions for undefined steps with these snippets:
Given /^I navigate to the report portal$/ do
pending # express the regexp above with the code you wish you had
The step definitions for the gherkin step is already defined in a ruby step definition file in the step_definitions directory and is easily run through the command line without hassle.
What other configuration do I need to make to have rubymine recognize the step definition files I have already created and know works outside of the IDE?