Very much a newbie here - my apologies in advance.
I feel like I want to "clean" my system of any stragglers that might be getting in the way of having a working IDE. I am having errors about duplicate gems, strange errors when I follow the 'notebook' video tutorial and try to set up a new scaffold, etc...
Example Error: You cannot specify the same gem twice with different version requirements. You specified: rails (= 3.0.5) and rails (>= 0)
1) Installed Ruby 1.9.2 and now also 1.8.7
2) Installed Gems 1.6.2
3) Tried RadRails...then Netbeans (had trouble connecting to DB)
4) (Re)installed MySQL 5.5.9 (I'm on 64 bit Windows 7 by the way)
5) Uninstalled RadRails & Netbeans
6) Installed RubyMine (love it by the way, am going to stick with it)
7) When creating a new Rails project in RM, had trouble pointing to the right files
- I have the SDK selected correctly
- But don't know what to point to for the 'Rails Template'
Long story short - I think I have some issues getting this set up correctly.
So - any step-by-step documents to view - troubleshooting tips - ways to "start over" - something?
Thank you again, sorry for being lame.