Replace RAILS_ROOT with ::Rails.root.to_s may give problems.

I replaced RAILS_ROOT with ::Rails.root.to_s in several places. I am seeing a 'file not found' where the path contains ::Rails.root.to_s (see attached screendump fragment)

This 'file not found' provokes a segv error if it is allowed to continue executing. The segv error dump was reported to you by your bug report system. My account name should be on it, but I don't see it here in the discussions.

I will go back and change back the suspect instance of RAILS_ROOT -> ::Rails.root.to_s and see if that fixes the problem.



Attachment(s):
RubyMineSegFault01.jpg
1 comment
Comment actions Permalink

require File.dirname(__FILE__) + '/lib/app_config'

c = AppConfig.new
c.use_file!("#{RAILS_ROOT}/config/config.yml")
c.use_file!("#{RAILS_ROOT}/config/config.local.yml")
c.use_section!(RAILS_ENV)
::Conf = c

This is the code that I replaced RAILS_ROOT with ::Rails.root.to_s

I also replaced the RAILS_ENV with the above - perhaps this is the problem

I bet I should have replaced RAILS_ENV with ::Rails.env

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.