Debugger exits when requiring native .so (Ruby 1.9.2)

Hi all,

I tried debugging a Ruby (1.9.2p136) script that has

require 'openssl'

as its very first line.

I can break at that line, step into it, but as soon as I try to step over

require ''

the debugger disconnects and won't stop at any other breakpoint.

The console doesn't show any errors, except that the last line says:

Process finished with exit code 134

I installed the debug gems that come bundled with RubyMine (EAP
102.217), so I'm using the debug-base19 gem modifie
d by JetBrains and the debug-ide gem and all the others that come

My Ruby installation is built with no debug symbols, it's the vanilla
configure/make/make install process. Would it help
to enable debug flags?

Another question: RM uses debug-ide instead of debug-ide19, can I
somehow force it to use debug-ide19 if I would install it?

PS: I also checked the option for "Disable global variables evaluation"
in Settings to no effect.

Thanks for any help,

Comment actions Permalink

Please try updating to the 3.1 Beta it will install updated ruby-debug-ide gem and see if the problem persists. In case it does, please enable verbose debug output (Settings | Debugger | Ruby) and file an issue with full output attached.

ruby-debug-ide19 gem is no longer needed, it have been merged into ruby-debug-ide to support both 1.8 and 1.9 rubies. Moreover, ruby-debug-ide19 has several critical bugs that cause segmentation fault during debug.

Comment actions Permalink

Hi, thanks for your help! I finally found out what caused the trouble: The that I was using was linked to a custom 1.0.0c version, whereas the ruby debug gem was linked to the default installation. That caused the sudden disconnect. Once I built against the default installation, the debugger worked smoothly.


Please sign in to leave a comment.