Error Message 'Couldn't connect to debugger'

Hello,
I want so start off by saying that your product is awesome and I'm looking into buying it pretty soon. However, I'm getting this error message and I can't figure out how to fix it. I tried reinstalling all three debug gems: ruby-debug, ruby-debug-base, and ruby-debug-ide, also I unistalled and reinstalled RubyMine, but that didn't fix it. Please let me know what may be the problem. This is the error message I'm getting:

-----------------------------------
Trying to send a command [start] to non-started or finished proxy (debuggee: RubyDebugTarget@20362436[baseDir: null, debuggedFile: C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\RubyMine 2.0 Beta 2\rb\testing\runner\tunit_in_folder_runner.rb, port: 49892], output:

Error Output:
Fast Debugger (ruby-debug-ide 0.4.9) listens on :49892
Exception in DebugThread loop: private method `binding' called for #<Debugger::ControlState:0xb8f8a94>

---------------------------------------

I couldn't find the answer on the discussion board, so I'll apprieciate your help.

Thanks,
Stoyan

4 comments
Comment actions Permalink

What gem versions do you have installed?

0
Comment actions Permalink

Is there a way for me to verify that all of the configurations that RubyMine is using are correct. I tried to find where RubyMine is associated to the debugger but couldn't find it. If I know where to look I might be able to figure out what is happening.

This is the list of all my gems:

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

actionmailer (2.3.4)
actionpack (2.3.4)
activerecord (2.3.4)
activeresource (2.3.4)
activesupport (2.3.4)
archive-tar-minitar (0.5.2)
aws-s3 (0.6.2)
builder (2.1.2)
calendar_date_select (1.15)
cgi_multipart_eof_fix (2.5.0)
columnize (0.3.1)
configuration (1.1.0)
desert (0.5.3, 0.5.2)
fxri (0.3.7, 0.3.6)
fxruby (1.6.19, 1.6.16)
gem_plugin (0.2.3)
haml (2.2.9, 2.2.5)
heroku (1.2.2)
hpricot (0.8.1, 0.6.164)
htmlentities (4.2.0)
icalendar (1.1.0)
json (1.1.9)
json_pure (1.1.9)
launchy (0.3.3)
linecache (0.43)
log4r (1.1.0, 1.0.5)
mime-types (1.16)
mislav-will_paginate (2.3.11)
mkrf (0.2.3)
mongrel (1.1.5)
mysql (2.8.1)
pg (0.8.0)
postgres-pr (0.6.1)
ptools (1.1.7, 1.1.6)
rack (1.0.1, 1.0.0)
rails (2.3.4)
rake (0.8.7, 0.8.1)
rest-client (1.0.3)
rmagick (2.10.0)
ruby-debug (0.10.3)
ruby-debug-base (0.10.3)
ruby-debug-ide (0.4.9)

ruby-opengl (0.60.0)
ruby-postgres (0.7.1.2006.04.06)
ruby_core_source (0.1.4)
rubygems-update (1.3.5)
sqlite3-ruby (1.2.5)
test-unit (2.0.3, 2.0.1)
win32-api (1.4.5, 1.2.1, 1.2.0)
win32-clipboard (0.5.2, 0.4.4)
win32-dir (0.3.5, 0.3.2)
win32-eventlog (0.5.2, 0.5.0)
win32-file (0.6.3, 0.5.5)
win32-file-stat (1.3.4, 1.3.1)
win32-process (0.6.1, 0.5.9)
win32-sapi (0.1.5, 0.1.4)
win32-sound (0.4.2, 0.4.1)
windows-api (0.3.1, 0.2.4)
windows-pr (1.0.8, 0.9.3)
xml-simple (1.0.12)

0
Comment actions Permalink

I fixed the problem by removing the .idea dir and reopening my project in RubyMine.

Thanks for looking into it though.

Stoyan

0
Comment actions Permalink

Thanks for the workaround!

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.