Rails 2.2.2 Mysql gem issue: The bundled mysql.rb driver has been removed

I am getting "!!! The bundled mysql.rb driver has been removed from Rails 2.2. Please install the mysql gem and try again: gem install mysql." error when I run rails development environment within Rubymine.  However, when I use command prompt and run script/server, I do not have this issue.  To me this looks like a setup problem I have with RubyMine.

I have installed Rubystack 1.5-2 on my Windows XP PC.  This includes Ruby 1.8.7 interpreter.  In RubyMine, I pointed Ruby SDK location to the Ruby interpreter under Rubystack.  In Ruby Gems I can see mysql gem version 2.7.3 in RubyStack.

I did not have this issue with my old computer.  Now I moved to a new computer and having this problem.  How can I correct this problem?

Thanks.

4 comments
Comment actions Permalink

I am getting "!!! The bundled mysql.rb driver has been removed from Rails 2.2. Please install the mysql gem and try again: gem install mysql." error when I run rails development environment within Rubymine.  However, when I use command prompt and run script/server, I do not have this issue.  To me this looks like a setup problem I have with RubyMine.


I have installed Rubystack 1.5-2 on my Windows XP PC.  This includes Ruby 1.8.7 interpreter.  In RubyMine, I pointed Ruby SDK location to the Ruby interpreter under Rubystack.  In Ruby Gems I can see mysql gem version 2.7.3 in RubyStack.

It seems RubyMine executes rails development server using another ruby interpreter (where mysql gem isn't installed). Please look in console output tab (of 'rails development' run results) and show me cmdline

0
Comment actions Permalink

Ok, I believe I found the problem.  Turns out that libmysql.dll should be in your path for this to work.  Since I installed mysql after RubyMine, RubyMine path did not include the location of this dll.  I added an additional path element under Ruby on Rails configuration that points to the location of the dll.  Now it works.

0
Comment actions Permalink

I added an additional path element under Ruby on Rails configuration that points to the location of the dll.  Now it works.

I think better will be to add it in your system 'Path' environment variable

0
Comment actions Permalink

Thanks, I did add it to my system path now.  At first, i thought RubyMine had a separete setting for path that it used other than the system path and i needed to change that.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.