I've been using RubyMine in earnest all week and I'm really getting to grips with it having previously used TextMate for years. Here are some improvements I'd like to see:
- When running all the tests (by right-clicking on the test folder and clicking 'Run'), I can't see the output for a single failed test until all the other tests have finished because the Output window keeps getting refreshed by the currently executing test. I'd like to be able to see why a single test failed whilst the others are running so I can get on with fixing it whilst the others are running (we have thousands of tests in our app!)
- The ability to re-run just the failed tests in a batch (would really help people with hundreds and thousands of tests!)
- Ability to exclude certain directories from the Search/Replace path. It currently searches the 'logs' and 'tmp' folder which I don't want -- it slows the search down dramatically.
- Performance improvements. I run a 2.33GHz MacBook Pro with 3GB RAM but RubyMine often feels sluggish
- More and better colour schemes. The default one is ok, but the others I don't like. Perhaps you could move them over from TextMate.
- Server Log in debug mode. This is present in Run mode but not debug. Adding this would be great, or just make the Console Log apply the escaped colour codes correctly
- You've made a great start already with the TextMate key bindings although they're not all there -- I totally miss "Ctrl + Shift + >" to generate ERB tags (<% %> and <%= %>).
- Maybe you could add the ability to import TextMate Bundles?
- Shoulda support.
That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there'll be more!