Sixth and Red River?

Hey all,

Are Sixth and Red River still in operation? How is their support? I ask because I've been trying to evaluate their plugins, but their site is broken (exception on sending the email to request an eval license), and they haven't responded to my emails. The last post here from them was September of last year. The plugins look good but the level of support is worrying - any feedback?

Cheers,
Colin

11 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Colin Fleming wrote:

Hey all,

Are Sixth and Red River still in operation? How is their support? I
ask because I've been trying to evaluate their plugins, but their
site is broken (exception on sending the email to request an eval
license), and they haven't responded to my emails. The last post here
from them was September of last year. The plugins look good but the
level of support is worrying - any feedback?

Cheers, Colin


Yeah it seems all bugfixes and support have just dried up. They haven't
responded on these forums for ages.

Not sure if it was a one or two-man-shop and life just got too busy or
what, but it's a real pity... their InspectorGeneral product was well on
it's way to looking promising... it just didn't get stable enough to use
it on production code yet, but there was a bunch of us who really wanted
to help it get there.

N.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Damn, that's a shame - does anyone know them? Anyone from JetBrains? Is there any chance of getting them open sourced? I'd potentially be interested in maintaining LockSmith, it looks like it could be a really useful product.

Cheers,
Colin

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hello Colin,

Damn, that's a shame - does anyone know them? Anyone from JetBrains?
Is there any chance of getting them open sourced? I'd potentially be
interested in maintaining LockSmith, it looks like it could be a
really useful product.


We do have relevant information, but I don't know whether I'm allowed to
publish it yet. :)

--
Dmitry Jemerov
Development Lead
JetBrains, Inc.
http://www.jetbrains.com/
"Develop with Pleasure!"


0
Comment actions Permalink

In article <609b4cc98d6418ca518d798eeee8@news.jetbrains.com>
DmitryJemerov <yole@jetbrains.com> wrote:

We do have relevant information, but I don't know whether I'm
allowed to publish it yet. :)


Yet more taunting ;) I'm guessing IDEA 8 is going to have some
interesting things coming :)

--
I'm using an evaluation license of nemo since 323 days.
You should really try it!
http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo

0
Comment actions Permalink

Oh, go on.... I'm a desperate man!

0
Comment actions Permalink

Oh yea!, well, I have a secret too, and I'm not going to tell you. ;)

-Pete

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 02:49:27 -0700, Dmitry Jemerov <yole@jetbrains.com>
wrote:

Hello Colin,

>
>> Damn, that's a shame - does anyone know them? Anyone from JetBrains?
>> Is there any chance of getting them open sourced? I'd potentially be
>> interested in maintaining LockSmith, it looks like it could be a
>> really useful product.
>

We do have relevant information, but I don't know whether I'm allowed to
publish it yet. :)

>



--
Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Dmitry,

Can you give us any more information about this? I really need some inspections to work with the JCIP annotations, I'll start working on them myself if no-one else is going to do this.

Cheers,
Colin

0
Comment actions Permalink

From their website:
"Sixth and Red River Software was formed to create high-quality, language-aware software development tools at a reasonable price. However, due to changing market conditions and other opportunities, we are closing down our retail business as of April 8, 2008. Support inquiries can be directed to support@sixthandredriver.com."

On a purely selfish note, I hope we still get their software prizes from the plugin competition!

0
Comment actions Permalink

Steve Chaloner wrote:
> From their website:
> "Sixth and Red River Software was formed to create high-quality,
> language-aware software development tools at a reasonable price.
> However, due to changing market conditions and other opportunities, we
> are closing down our retail business as of April 8, 2008. Support
> inquiries can be directed to support@sixthandredriver.com."
What a pity.

Dmitry Jemerov wrote:

We do have relevant information, but I don't know whether I'm allowed to
publish it yet. :)

Dmitry, are you allowed to publish this info now, now that they've
formally stopped retail operations?

N.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hello Nathan,

>> We do have relevant information, but I don't know whether I'm allowed
>> to publish it yet. :)
>>
NB> Dmitry, are you allowed to publish this info now, now that they've
NB> formally stopped retail operations?
NB>

I'm guessing they'll get to do some work for the various plugins IDEA will
offer (or maybe even started already, judging by the prolonged silence).

Best,
Andrei


0
Comment actions Permalink

Andrei Oprea wrote:

Hello Nathan,

>>> We do have relevant information, but I don't know whether I'm allowed
>>> to publish it yet. :)
>>>

NB> Dmitry, are you allowed to publish this info now, now that they've
NB> formally stopped retail operations?
NB>
I'm guessing they'll get to do some work for the various plugins IDEA
will offer (or maybe even started already, judging by the prolonged
silence).

Best,
Andrei

Hoping this - specifically that InspectorGeneral will be resurrected and
merged into the core product, in order that the massive potential that
it had may be realised and once again put IDEA streets ahead of everyone
else - but I'd like to be more than hopeful...

N.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.