Plug-ins and their settings

I've installed the Character Browser plug-in yesterday. Today I wondered why my project file has changed; I could not remember to have changed anything of the project configuration. Well, the Character Browser plug-in added its font setting to the project file. IMHO it is a common misconcept that a couple of plug-ins write their user-settings (aka machine or user dependent) to the project file. If some other user does not use this plug-in (finally it is not needed for project development) or prefer other fonts (or potential other platforms), conflicts are inherent.

The result is, that we move our project files to a "do not commit!" change set, which should not be the project file purpose.

Tom

1 comment
Comment actions Permalink

... should save its log file history better in the .iws file rather than globally. It's annoying to always having the pick the right log file before being able to process a stacktrace, because in 90% of the cases it is the wrong one.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.