I'm new to developing plugins for IntelliJ applications so please forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question. I've written a plugin that provides a new Run Configuration.
When I run the plugin from within IDEA for testing, either an instance of IDEA or PyCharm starts depending on the SDK I've set:
- I can go to the to top right of the screen, select edit Configuration from the drop down
- Then I can click the + button, see my new Configuration, select it, provide some details and click apply/save.
- I can then (ensuring its selected in the drop down) click the Run button and the Plugin does as I expect.
- However if I choose 'Prepare Plugin Module <> for Deployment in the Build Menu:
- I get a new Jar file.
- I have tried loading this jar file into IDEA and PyCharm using the 'Install Plugin from Disk' option
- The plugin looks to install correctly and I can see it in the list of installed Plugins as being installed and active.
- I then restart the IDE as per instruction
- Once restarted if I again go to the top right of the screen, and Edit Configurations
- However when I click the + button this time my plugin is not listed.
- Going back to the Plugin dialog it shows me that the plugin is load.
Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong? As I've said I've tested it IntelliJ IDEA and Pycharm by running the plugin code via the IDE, and everything works as expected. I'm getting no errors about the plugin either during install or starting the IDEs.