[ANN] Code Review 1.0

Code Review allows a developer to send a code review email that details any
changes in their code compared to the repository. This email is sent before
anything is checked in, so colleagues can have a chance to review the changes
before they are committed.

Please see http://plugins.intellij.net/plugin/?id=1199 for screenshots and
further details. Any feedback appreciated!

Note that due to some OpenAPI bugfixes that this plugin depends on, IDEA
build #6068 or higher is required.

Chris Miller


5 comments

I installed this successfully on 6.0.2 beta, but my coworkers that use
the released 6.0.1 can't see it in the Plugins repository.

Can you make it available there?

Thanks,
Amnon

Chris Miller wrote:

Code Review allows a developer to send a code review email that details
any changes in their code compared to the repository. This email is sent
before anything is checked in, so colleagues can have a chance to review
the changes before they are committed.

Please see http://plugins.intellij.net/plugin/?id=1199 for screenshots
and further details. Any feedback appreciated!

Note that due to some OpenAPI bugfixes that this plugin depends on, IDEA
build #6068 or higher is required.

Chris Miller

0

Unfortunately it requires a 6.0.2 EAP version because of a couple of bugs
that exist in IDEA's OpenAPI in the 6.0.1 (build 5784) and earlier releases.
I mentioned this in the release note but I guess I should have been clearer
about the 6.0.1 limitation.

Having said that, it's possible for me to make a build that 'sort of' works
in 6.0.1. It will be annoying though; it'll forget changes to your commit
dialog and would have to display a pointless dialog between clicking the
Code Review" button and showing the real Code Review email dialog (to prevent
a NPE from IDEA). Let me know if you can live with that and I'll send you
a build that should work.

See the following Jira issues for further details:

http://www.jetbrains.net/jira/browse/IDEADEV-10588
http://www.jetbrains.net/jira/browse/IDEADEV-10884

Chris

I installed this successfully on 6.0.2 beta, but my coworkers that use
the released 6.0.1 can't see it in the Plugins repository.

Can you make it available there?

Thanks,
Amnon
Chris Miller wrote:

>> Code Review allows a developer to send a code review email that
>> details any changes in their code compared to the repository. This
>> email is sent before anything is checked in, so colleagues can have a
>> chance to review the changes before they are committed.
>>
>> Please see http://plugins.intellij.net/plugin/?id=1199 for
>> screenshots and further details. Any feedback appreciated!
>>
>> Note that due to some OpenAPI bugfixes that this plugin depends on,
>> IDEA build #6068 or higher is required.
>>
>> Chris Miller


0

That is disappointing...

What if you changed functionality, so that you could mark files or a
change in the Changes pane and pick "Code Review", without even going
through the commit dialog?

Amnon

Chris Miller wrote:

Unfortunately it requires a 6.0.2 EAP version because of a couple of
bugs that exist in IDEA's OpenAPI in the 6.0.1 (build 5784) and earlier
releases. I mentioned this in the release note but I guess I should have
been clearer about the 6.0.1 limitation.

Having said that, it's possible for me to make a build that 'sort of'
works in 6.0.1. It will be annoying though; it'll forget changes to your
commit dialog and would have to display a pointless dialog between
clicking the Code Review" button and showing the real Code Review email
dialog (to prevent a NPE from IDEA). Let me know if you can live with
that and I'll send you a build that should work.

See the following Jira issues for further details:

http://www.jetbrains.net/jira/browse/IDEADEV-10588
http://www.jetbrains.net/jira/browse/IDEADEV-10884

Chris

>> I installed this successfully on 6.0.2 beta, but my coworkers that use
>> the released 6.0.1 can't see it in the Plugins repository.
>>
>> Can you make it available there?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Amnon
>> Chris Miller wrote:
>>
>>> Code Review allows a developer to send a code review email that
>>> details any changes in their code compared to the repository. This
>>> email is sent before anything is checked in, so colleagues can have a
>>> chance to review the changes before they are committed.
>>>
>>> Please see http://plugins.intellij.net/plugin/?id=1199 for
>>> screenshots and further details. Any feedback appreciated!
>>>
>>> Note that due to some OpenAPI bugfixes that this plugin depends on,
>>> IDEA build #6068 or higher is required.
>>>
>>> Chris Miller


0

Hi Amnon,

I'm out of town for the next few days, so unfortunately by the time I get
a chance to implement something like that v6.0.2 would probably have been
released anyway. It's a very good idea for a new feature request so I'll
try to add it in an upcoming version (assuming the OpenAPI allows!).

Sorry I can't provide a better solution for you in the short term.

Chris

That is disappointing...

What if you changed functionality, so that you could mark files or a
change in the Changes pane and pick "Code Review", without even going
through the commit dialog?

Amnon



0

Have fun, and I guess I'll just wait for 6.0.2 to be released.

Thanks,
Amnon

Chris Miller wrote:

Hi Amnon,

I'm out of town for the next few days, so unfortunately by the time I
get a chance to implement something like that v6.0.2 would probably have
been released anyway. It's a very good idea for a new feature request so
I'll try to add it in an upcoming version (assuming the OpenAPI allows!).

Sorry I can't provide a better solution for you in the short term.

Chris

>> That is disappointing...
>>
>> What if you changed functionality, so that you could mark files or a
>> change in the Changes pane and pick "Code Review", without even going
>> through the commit dialog?
>>
>> Amnon


0

Please sign in to leave a comment.