illustrated version of this ANN:
ZipTo(G)mail plugin, v0.1
(aka the Poor Man's Gmail Backuper)
your (G)mail account.
1 click, into a uniquely-named zip file.
What you need:
- for EZ smtp configuration: a Gmail or dotMac account.
=> you just need your Gmail/dotMac id and password.
- otherwise, find your smtp server parameters :
(host, port, ssl required, id and password)
How to use it:
Install it :)
The ZipTo(G)mail plugin adds a tool window to your IDEA desktop:
This is only way to control/access ZipTo(G)mail.
2/ Once per project, you'll have to choose a passphrase :
3/Once per project, in tool window 'config' panel:
- setup the smtp parameters
(for Gmail and dotMac, your id and password are enough)
- setup the email from and to address
(for .Mac, the fromAddress must be @mac.com)
(Note: for dotMac accounts, the from address must be the dotMac address
linked to the account: 'firstname.lastname@example.org')
4/ finally, zip the project, send it by email, and delete the zip file:
- press on "/Compress Project/"
- (optional) you can filter out some files and/or directories.
- (optional) edit the message text
- press on "Send by /Email -->]]>"/
- (optional) press on "/Delete/" to delete the zip file
During the transfer, you can use IDEA normally.
Once it's done, a failure/success dialog will inform you:
In this version
- asynchronous emailing => you can work with IDEA while an email+zip
file is being sent.
- easy smtp setting for Gmail: just type in your account id and password
- easy smtp setting for .Mac: ....
- sensitive data (smtp account, email address..) is DES encrypted before
being stored in the project file (=> you need a passphrase)
- basic files exclusion options: *.jar, *.zip
- basic directories exclusion option: *javadoc
- descriptive default message text (project size + exclusion report)
- multiple target profiles (only 1 now)
- configurable auto-report (? Velocity)
- configurable zip file name and location
Feedback is welcome