I've been really pleased with the experience of building an IntelliJ plugin thus far. So far, I've managed to do some very advanced things. But recently, I've come up against what seems to be an intractable problem.
Well, here's the issue I filed: http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-103964
I was told that I need to implement a VariableInplaceRenamer perform the desired behavior. Which I tried to do, which resulted in me having to disable the existing one built in for Java. That's not very good. Because that means I need to re-implement all the same functionality that the existing one already had! I don't want to override parameter renaming behavior. Instead, I simply want my plugin to rename elements in an HTML file that correspond to whatever the new parameter name is.
I've got this working perfectly with field renames using a RenamePsiElementProcessor. But trying to get this to work with parameters has been incredibly difficult, and has left me feeling like I'm really missing something.