The Groovy team is pleased to announce the first public release of GroovyJ - a plug-in that integrates the Groovy language into IntelliJ IDEA.
http://groovy.codehaus.org/GroovyJ+Status lists the features shipped with this initial release.
In a nutshell, with GroovyJ v0.1.1 (Irida):
- a default Groovy runtime is automatically installed as a global library
- Groovy files can be edited with some amount of syntax highlighting
- Run Configurations can be created for runnable Groovy scripts
- Groovy scripts can be run with the output being captured in the embedded console window
- Groovy scripts located under module source/test folders will be automatically compiled when compiling modules
Note: This plug-in is available through IDEA's plug-in manager and requires IntelliJ IDEA 5.0 build #3378 or higher.
Your feedback here will be greatly appreciated.