Is somether a commercial plugin list for Idea?

Hi,

Most plugins for Idea one can find through the Idea interface (I mean
accessing plugins.intellij.net).

But what about plugins that are not announced there?

For example let's take Visual Paradigm. It has no entry on
plugins.intellij.net, nevertheless it's a valuable Idea add-on to consider.

I wish we had some place where volunteers would update info about
commercialy available Idea plugins.

Is it a good Idea or I just miss the point and such place already exists?

Michal Szklanowski.

13 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hello Michal,

Hi,

Most plugins for Idea one can find through the Idea interface (I mean
accessing plugins.intellij.net).

But what about plugins that are not announced there?

For example let's take Visual Paradigm. It has no entry on
plugins.intellij.net, nevertheless it's a valuable Idea add-on to
consider.

I wish we had some place where volunteers would update info about
commercialy available Idea plugins.

Is it a good Idea or I just miss the point and such place already
exists?

Michal Szklanowski.


Hello Michal, thanks for the post -- we're currently revamping our website,
and will include links to all known commerical plugins to IntelliJ IDEA --
that way, customers will know that there are some VERY powerful plugins out
there that can really enhance their development experience -- thanks again.

David Stennett
JetBrains, Inc.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Why don't they just add them? Is getting your items listed some kind of
hurdle?

Norris Shelton
Sun Certified Java Programmer




David Stennett wrote:

Hello Michal,

>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Most plugins for Idea one can find through the Idea interface (I mean
>> accessing plugins.intellij.net).
>>
>> But what about plugins that are not announced there?
>>
>> For example let's take Visual Paradigm. It has no entry on
>> plugins.intellij.net, nevertheless it's a valuable Idea add-on to
>> consider.
>>
>> I wish we had some place where volunteers would update info about
>> commercialy available Idea plugins.
>>
>> Is it a good Idea or I just miss the point and such place already
>> exists?
>>
>> Michal Szklanowski.
>
>

Hello Michal, thanks for the post -- we're currently revamping our
website, and will include links to all known commerical plugins to
IntelliJ IDEA -- that way, customers will know that there are some
VERY powerful plugins out there that can really enhance their
development experience -- thanks again.

>

David Stennett
JetBrains, Inc.

>

0
Comment actions Permalink

David,

Where can I find information about how to add my Open Source plugin to
the IDEA-integrated plug-in browser? Thanks in advance.

Tom

0
Comment actions Permalink

Here you go: http://plugins.intellij.net/help/

Thomas Singer (MoTJ) wrote:

David,

Where can I find information about how to add my Open Source plugin to
the IDEA-integrated plug-in browser? Thanks in advance.

Tom


--
Martin Fuhrer
Fuhrer Engineering AG
http://www.fuhrer.com

0
Comment actions Permalink

Norris Shelton wrote:

Why don't they just add them? Is getting your items listed some kind
of hurdle?

>

Yep.
It works for Clover, it should work for all of them.

The only improvements should be to
- add a column/property : "commercial".
- have the plugin manager/repository allow for linking to external
locations


Alain

0
Comment actions Permalink

Here you go: http://plugins.intellij.net/help/


I assume, it needs Jetbrains approval to occur in IDEA's plug-in
manager, am I right? But why there is an interesting "Move Element"
plug-in listed at
http://plugins.intellij.net/plugins/view/?id=MoveElement, which has a
date of last June, but does not occur in the plug-in manager?

Tom

0
Comment actions Permalink


Alain Ravet wrote:

Norris Shelton wrote:

>>Why don't they just add them? Is getting your items listed some kind
>>of hurdle?
>>


Yep.
It works for Clover, it should work for all of them.

The only improvements should be to
- add a column/property : "commercial".
- have the plugin manager/repository allow for linking to external
locations


I thought linking to an external location was already possible?

Bas

0
Comment actions Permalink

Tom

But why there is an interesting "Move Element" plug-in listed at
http://plugins.intellij.net/plugins/view/?id=MoveElement, which has a
date of last June, but does not occur in the plug-in manager?



See:
http://www.intellij.net/forums/thread.jsp?forum=18&thread=111612

A few good plugins seem to have been abandoned by their authors.

Alain

0
Comment actions Permalink

Bas

I thought linking to an external location was already possible?



You're right: I hadn't noticed the URL field in
http://plugins.intellij.net/plugins/new


Alain

0
Comment actions Permalink

No, you don't need an approval from JetBrains. Just add your plugin to
the correct category.

The plugin manager lists only those plugins matching the current IDEA
version (based on 'since-build' and 'until-build').

Thomas Singer (MoTJ) wrote:
>> Here you go: http://plugins.intellij.net/help/


I assume, it needs Jetbrains approval to occur in IDEA's plug-in
manager, am I right? But why there is an interesting "Move Element"
plug-in listed at
http://plugins.intellij.net/plugins/view/?id=MoveElement, which has a
date of last June, but does not occur in the plug-in manager?

Tom


--
Martin Fuhrer
Fuhrer Engineering AG
http://www.fuhrer.com

0
Comment actions Permalink

Oooh, taking the plunge. What's it gonna do?

--Dave Griffith

0
Comment actions Permalink

Thomas Singer (MoTJ) wrote:

I assume, it needs Jetbrains approval to occur in IDEA's plug-in
manager, am I right? But why there is an interesting "Move Element"
plug-in listed at
http://plugins.intellij.net/plugins/view/?id=MoveElement, which has a
date of last June, but does not occur in the plug-in manager?


Thomas - that would likely be due to changes that occured in the plugins
awhile ago. Originally a plugin specified the version it needed in the
form of min/max, now they just mention "since build xxxx", plugins that
don't mention the new SinceBuild style don't appear in the recent
releases of IDEA.

I guess that plugin hasn't been updated..

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.