[Ann] Copyright Plugin version 0.1.0

The copyright text may now be a Velocity template.

Currently supported properties are:


If you have ideas for other properties, let me know.

Rick

6 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Thanks Rick for fixing that exception for this excellent plugin. IDEA was rather missing in that respect.

Jacques

0
Comment actions Permalink

Rick,

The plugin does not explicitely initialize velocity logging system so it picks its default using Avalon logging writing out to velocity.log in the current directory. Unfortunately that directory is IDEA_HOME/bin which on unix might be readonly for all users (http://www.intellij.net/forums/thread.jsp?forum=18&thread=95671&tstart=0&trange=100)

You might want to configure velocity to log to IDEA log file by doing this:

>);
velocity.setExtendedProperties(extendedProperties);
velocity.init();
]]>


Or using standard Properties and passing it to velocity.init().

Jacques

0
Comment actions Permalink

I take a look - thanks for the heads up.

Rick

0
Comment actions Permalink

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 02:29:41 +0400, Rick Maddy wrote:

Thanks for a very useful plugin.

The copyright text may now be a Velocity template.


"may" or "must"? I have "plain" text I'd like to use but it seems it's
being treated as a template (well, Velocity is being intitialized, at any
rate) and, because of the problem Jacques mentions with installations on
read-only filesystems, this makes the plugin unusable for me :(

Maybe a checkbox to indicate that a copyright notice should be interpreted
as a template or not would be appropriate?

--
Mark Scott

0
Comment actions Permalink

I just released version 0.1.1 that should fix the problem. I used Jacques' solution. Let me know if it works for you.

Rick

0
Comment actions Permalink

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 19:27:44 +0400, Rick Maddy wrote:

I just released version 0.1.1 that should fix the problem. I used
Jacques' solution. Let me know if it works for you.


It certainly does - many thanks.

FYI, I do get lines like the following on IDEA's stderr for every
invocation of "Update Copyright" on a source file :

ERROR - idea.copyright.CopyrightPlugin - ResourceManager :
unable to find resource 'VM_global_library.vm' in any resource loader.

It's no problem for me at all though, and things seem to work just fine.

--
Mark Scott

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.