v2.15 of the toString() plugin has been released at the offical homepage for this plugin at:
Or using the pluginmanager from within IDEA 4.x.
This version supports the new EAP build 2013, IDEA 4.x and IDEA 3.x as well (not compiled for this yet, but v2.12 is avail for 3.x).
For a release supporting IDEA 3.x download it from the official homepage. The IDEA pluginmanager is only a feature in IDEA 4.x.
About the plugin
GenerateToString is a action plugin for IDEA that is used to create or update java classes toString() method. The reason is valuebeans usually needs to dump their fieldvalues for debug purpose, and it's tedious to write the dump code for this. So this action plugin generates the code to dump all the fields in a simple manner.
v2.15 for IDEA 3.x/4.x (mar-10-2004)
- New feature: getters for code generation
- Apply button in Settings now work correctly
- Lowered height of textarea for velocity template from 400 to 300
- Some debug System.out removed
- Refactored PsiAdapter to support both PsiField and PsiMethod
- Refactored element package to have Element, FieldElement and MethodElement
/Claus, the author