v2.14 of the toString() plugin has been released at the offical homepage for this plugin at:
Or using the pluginmanager from within IDEA 4.x.
This version supports the new EAP build 2013, IDEA 4.x and IDEA 3.x as well (not compiled for this yet, but v2.12 is avail for 3.x).
For a release supporting IDEA 3.x download it from the official homepage. The IDEA pluginmanager is only a feature in IDEA 4.x.
About the plugin
GenerateToString is a action plugin for IDEA that is used to create or update java classes toString() method. The reason is valuebeans usually needs to dump their fieldvalues for debug purpose, and it's tedious to write the dump code for this. So this action plugin generates the code to dump all the fields in a simple manner.
v2.14 for IDEA 3.x/4.x (apr-26-2004)
- Compiled with IDEA EAP build 2013 (Pallada)
- FieldNotUsedInToString inspection is now aware of reflection based toString implementations and therefore does not generate a warning for fields not used
- Fixed NPE in FieldNotUsedInToString for IDEA (build 2004) wrongly reports a public void method as a field type.
- Logging added to inspection
- Exclude static fields now default set to true
- If cancel resolution policy used then auto import packages etc. are not executed (leaving all code as it is before)
- Feature to add javadoc to toString() method. Insert javadoc block comment in top of veloctiy macro (see javadoc template example)
- Javadoc is not replaced if the already exists a javadoc for the toString() method
- Template selection dropdown now displays up to 20 templates without using scrollbar
- Settings to enable/disalbe on-the-fly code inspection (on-the-fly is disabled by default)
- Fixed NPE when enabling/disabling action in code/editor menus before having used the action
/Claus, the author