[ANN] Rearranger plugin - version 2.5

The Rearranger plugin
- rearranges (reorders) class and class member declarations according to a user-specified order and/or method call hierarchy;
- generates section-marking comments;
- provides several controls for spacing within and between methods and classes; and
- permits the user to manually rearrange items.

(1) Changed Live Rearranger from popup to resizable dialog (may avoid threading issues that hung IDEA).
(2) Added insertion hint when dragging items in Live Rearranger. Thanks to Vilya Harvey for the sample code.
(3) Fixed some autoscrolling bugs.
(4) Used nifty new Rearranger icon, designed by Alexey Efimov.

7 comments

Dave Kriewall wrote:

The Rearranger plugin
- rearranges (reorders) class and class member declarations according to a user-specified order and/or method call hierarchy;
- generates section-marking comments;
- provides several controls for spacing within and between methods and classes; and
- permits the user to manually rearrange items.

(1) Changed Live Rearranger from popup to resizable dialog (may avoid threading issues that hung IDEA).
(2) Added insertion hint when dragging items in Live Rearranger. Thanks to Vilya Harvey for the sample code.
(3) Fixed some autoscrolling bugs.
(4) Used nifty new Rearranger icon, designed by Alexey Efimov.


Live Rearranger doesn't hang IDEA anymore!

Thanks!

/Kreiger

0

Suggestion for the results/preview: Split the dialog into two
vertically. Show a tree in each, the left with the orignal layout the
right with the new/proposed layout.

I guess I'm asking for this because I would like to see what rearranger
did and maybe tweak a tad.

--
Barry Kaplan
bkaplan@integratedtrading.com

0

Another suggestion: Display the method/field visibility (ie,
public/private/...) in the dialog.

--
Barry Kaplan
bkaplan@integratedtrading.com

0

Barry,

Are you thinking of the 'Confirm Rearrangement' dialog or the 'Live Rearranger' dialog? (Or both?) I ask because you mention "maybe tweaking a tad," which seems to imply the Live Rearranger function.

-Dave

0

Both would be nice, but I was mainly refering to the cofirmation since
in that case I'm not to sure what was done.

Dave Kriewall wrote:

Barry,

Are you thinking of the 'Confirm Rearrangement' dialog or the 'Live Rearranger' dialog? (Or both?) I ask because you mention "maybe tweaking a tad," which seems to imply the Live Rearranger function.

-Dave


--
Barry Kaplan
bkaplan@integratedtrading.com

0

Would running a "local history" diff between the old version and newly rearranged one serve your purpose? That way you can visually see where the code was moved to. You can always 'Undo' the rearranged results.

The original version wouldn't really show up well in tree form; it has not had any rules applied to it, wouldn't know about extracted or related methods, comments wouldn't appear, and so on. It would really just be a list of classes and items within those classes.

So I'm hesitant to do it, unless there's a groundswell of support... :)

-Dave

0


Dave Kriewall wrote:

Would running a "local history" diff between the old version and newly rearranged one serve your purpose? That way you can visually see where the code was moved to. You can always 'Undo' the rearranged results.


Hmm, I have to ponder that. Really this feature is not any kind of show
stopper. Maybe as I get used to rearranger it will be less important to
know what happened.

-bk

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.