v2.10 of the toString() plugin has been released at the offical homepage for this plugin at:
Or using the pluginmanager from within IDEA 4.x.
This version supports IDEA 4.x and IDEA 3.x as well.
For a release supporting IDEA 3.x download it from the official homepage. The IDEA pluginmanager is only a feature in IDEA 4.x.
About the plugin
GenerateToString is a action plugin for IDEA that is used to create or update java classes toString() method. The reason is valuebeans usually needs to dump their fieldvalues for debug purpose, and it's tedious to write the dump code for this. So this action plugin generates the code to dump all the fields in a simple manner.
Changelog - v2.10 for IDEA 3.x/4.x (mar-10-2004)
- Renamed plugin back to GenerateToString (without 2) to use the original plugin from the IDEA PluginManager
- New feature in Settings: Save template
- New feature in Settings: Automatic add implements java.io.Serializable if absent
- New feature in Settings: Automatic import these packages (is user defined)
- New feature in Settings: Syntax check of the active template using Velocity
- Column and line number displayed for current caret position in text area.
- Two new default templates added: Default Reflection, Default Reflection incl. super.toString()
- Field chooser dialog is not shown if using Reflection (scans for the string '.getDeclaredFields();')
- Automatic imports java.lang.reflect.Field if used in generated javacode (e.g. the reflection templates)
- Automatic creates the tostring-plugin folder for storing custom templates
- Autosaves the active template in the tostring-plugin folder with the name __autosave_active_[PLUGIN-VERSION].vm (backup file if upgrading plugin and your template are lost)
- Fixed bug with boolean fields not working for IDEA 4.x
- $field.set, $field.list added to Velocity Context.
- Refined javadoc documentation (package.html)
For more changes see the CHANGELOG.txt in the .jar archive.