v2.00 of the toString() plugin has been released at the offical homepage for this plugin at:
Or using the pluginmanager from within IDEA 4.x.
This version supports IDEA 4.x and IDEA 3.x as well.
About the plugin
GenerateToString is a action plugin for IDEA that is used to create or update java classes toString() method. The reason is valuebeans usually needs to dump their fieldvalues for debug purpose, and it's tedious to write the dump code for this. So this action plugin generates the code to dump all the fields in a simple manner.
- Jumped to version 2.x to be able to add this plugin to the IDEA pluginmanager again (having trouble with JetBrains deleted the code helper category from their list).
- Merged codebase for IDEA v3.x and 4.x. - Resulting into one codebase supporting both IDEA versions.
- The merge of the codebase means that the IDEA 3.x version automatically gets all the latests features before only avail in the IDEA 4.x version. (Template selections etc.)
- This plugin is NOT backward compatible with all versions (all prior versions for IDEA 3.x, and v1.61 or lower for IDEA 4.x). So backup your template if you use a customized to keep it.
- .jar filename renamed to: tostring-plugin-idea3.jar, tostring-plugin-idea4.jar
For more changes see the CHANGELOG.txt in the .jar archive.
For a release supporting IDEA 3.x download it from the official homepage. The IDEA pluginmanager is only a feature in IDEA 4.x