I have installed the Python Plugin for IntelliJ IDEA 15.0.1
1) have to define module SDK for Python (as one does with JDK in Java ) OR
2) after you install the latest Python plug in, are you ready to start using Python in IntelliJ IDEA 15.0.1
Based on my understanding of language plugins ( for example Python and PHP for IntelliJ IDEA 15.0.1), after you go through the steps below,
there is no requirement to have the language executable installed on your machine.
That is, downloading the executable from https://www.python.org/downloads/
is not necessary after the JetBrains plugin has been downloaded
using the steps described below.
------ Steps required to install language plugin -----
To download and install a repository plugin
1. Open the Settings dialog (e.g. Ctrl+Alt+S).
2. In the left-hand pane, select Plugins.
3. On the Plugins page that opens in the right-hand part of the dialog, click the Install JetBrains plugin or the Browse repositories button.
4. In the dialog that opens (the Browse JetBrains Plugins dialog or the Browse Repositories dialog), right-click the required plugin
and select Download and Install.
Note that when looking for the plugin of interest, you can filter the plugin list and also to perform a search.
5. Confirm your intention to download and install the selected plugin.
6. Click Close.
7. Click OK in the Settings dialog and restart IntelliJ IDEA for the changes to take effect.
I have read that PyCharm and the JetBrains Python plug in are similar, their releases are not synchronized.
Is there a webpage that shows how to set up a Python project for IntelliJ IDEA 15.0.1 with Python plug in.
I simple demo for getting started would be appreciated.