Inject Language not, project shared?

Hi,

when I do Inject Language, typically in a dao for JPAQL, it seem to
apply to my local file only, nothing is shared so that others could
benefit from it as well.
I suppose I'd have to commit not only the file but a configuration
modification as well.
This configuration doesn't seem to be part of the .idea/ xml files.

Is it possible to share this?

BTW, is it as well possible to share Data Sources between  project members?

rgds

3 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hello,

Currently language injection configuration is stored in config/options/IntelliLang.xml.
It's an application-level storage and can be shared manually.
Vote for: http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/issue/IDEA-18165

Project level data sources are shared automatically.
In order to create one select "Project" Data Source Level in "Create New" or "Copy Data Source" Dialogs.

Gregory Shrago

On 28.05.2010 13:37, nodje wrote:

Hi,

>

when I do Inject Language, typically in a dao for JPAQL, it seem to
apply to my local file only, nothing is shared so that others could
benefit from it as well.
I suppose I'd have to commit not only the file but a configuration
modification as well.
This configuration doesn't seem to be part of the .idea/ xml files.

>

Is it possible to share this?

>

BTW, is it as well possible to share Data Sources between project members?

>

rgds

>

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Gregory,

thanks for the pointer, I voted for the issue.
I don't think it's possible to share application level settings in a
convenient enough manner.

As for the Data Sources, I recently updated all of them to Global level
when I realized they wouldn't appear into my other projects.
We have different projects that are highly related, I need to be able
to access all projects' databases within one IDEA project.

So I guess there's no way to get best of both world? ie sharing Data
Sources with other projects AND with other project developers??

/nodje

On 2010-05-31 20:13:08 +0800, "Gregory Shrago (JetBrains)"
<gregory.shrago@jetbrains.com> said:

Hello,

Currently language injection configuration is stored in
config/options/IntelliLang.xml.
It's an application-level storage and can be shared manually.
Vote for: http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/issue/IDEA-18165

Project level data sources are shared automatically.
In order to create one select "Project" Data Source Level in "Create
New" or "Copy Data Source" Dialogs.

Gregory Shrago

On 28.05.2010 13:37, nodje wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> when I do Inject Language, typically in a dao for JPAQL, it seem to
>> apply to my local file only, nothing is shared so that others could
>> benefit from it as well.
>> I suppose I'd have to commit not only the file but a configuration
>> modification as well.
>> This configuration doesn't seem to be part of the .idea/ xml files.
>>
>> Is it possible to share this?
>>
>> BTW, is it as well possible to share Data Sources between project members?
>>
>> rgds


0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi nodje,

To copy a data source from one project to another you can use
"Copy Data Source" two times (Project->Global->Project).
This seems to be the easiest way to share for the time being.

Gregory Shrago

On 01.06.2010 10:08, nodje wrote:

Hi Gregory,

>

thanks for the pointer, I voted for the issue.
I don't think it's possible to share application level settings in a
convenient enough manner.

>

As for the Data Sources, I recently updated all of them to Global level
when I realized they wouldn't appear into my other projects.
We have different projects that are highly related, I need to be able to
access all projects' databases within one IDEA project.

>

So I guess there's no way to get best of both world? ie sharing Data
Sources with other projects AND with other project developers??

>

/nodje

>

On 2010-05-31 20:13:08 +0800, "Gregory Shrago (JetBrains)"
<gregory.shrago@jetbrains.com> said:

>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Currently language injection configuration is stored in
>> config/options/IntelliLang.xml.
>> It's an application-level storage and can be shared manually.
>> Vote for: http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/issue/IDEA-18165
>>
>> Project level data sources are shared automatically.
>> In order to create one select "Project" Data Source Level in "Create
>> New" or "Copy Data Source" Dialogs.
>>
>> Gregory Shrago
>>
>> On 28.05.2010 13:37, nodje wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> when I do Inject Language, typically in a dao for JPAQL, it seem to
>>> apply to my local file only, nothing is shared so that others could
>>> benefit from it as well.
>>> I suppose I'd have to commit not only the file but a configuration
>>> modification as well.
>>> This configuration doesn't seem to be part of the .idea/ xml files.
>>>
>>> Is it possible to share this?
>>>
>>> BTW, is it as well possible to share Data Sources between project
>>> members?
>>>
>>> rgds
>
>

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.