Flex framework locales failing

In the module compiler settings, I have the needed locales checked. And the locales are present in the Apache Flex SDK. But the Flex DateFormatter only returns English months and days of the week no matter what language code I give it. I haven't found anyone complaining about this in FlashBuilder so I'm wondering if it is somehow specific to IntelliJ. Is there a workaround?

9 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Philip,
Can you please attach a sample project?

0
Comment actions Permalink

I created a simple test project, attached.



Attachment(s):
TestFlexLocale.zip
0
Comment actions Permalink

Thanks,
Pressing 2nd and 3rd button gives Chinese results for me
Untitled.png

OK in alert is in English, but I do not see anything IDE specific with the issue. I'm not a flex localization professional, but I suspect that the problem is in the source code and I guess it will work the same in other IDEs. You may ask Apache Flex team in their mailing list, they are quick with such questions.

0
Comment actions Permalink

The dates are my primary concern, they don't work for me. Are you using Apache Flex SDK 4.13?

0
Comment actions Permalink

What OS are you using? Can you try it using the Linux IntelliJ?

0
Comment actions Permalink

I tried on Windows with Apache Flex SDK 4.13. I do not have Linux at hand, but I didn't hear about Linux specific localization issues.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Thank you. Well we are both using IntelliJ and we are both using Apache Flex 4.13 so the variable would be the OS versioning. The Linux version of IntelliJ is not exactly the same as in Windows and the Linux version of Apache Flex SDK is not exactly the same as in Windows. So the issue should be in the Linux version of one or the other. I will have Apache look into it too.

0
Comment actions Permalink

After doing a lot more testing it seems the problem is in the Flash Player, not the compiler nor IDEA.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Thanks for investigation!


0

Please sign in to leave a comment.