I am developing a Flex web application (IDEA 13) and my application displays some complex fxg artwork. The User makes a radioButton choice on startup and the appropriate fxg files are displayed.
To make the application more efficient I have created Modules in the following way:
- I created a new package named 'artwork' and placed all of the fxg files within.
- I created a new package named 'modules' and created a Module for each fxg file, example below.
- Within the Module Settings > Build Configuration I added the Modules to the list of Runtime-Loaded Modules and checked the Optimize checkBox.
- Compiled the application and all of the swf files were created as expected.
- Added ModuleLoader components to pull in the swf files when required.
What concerns me is that when built the application swf file is no smaller! Its as if because the fxg files and Modules are still within the src folder they are being compiled into the application still.
I have also created a new Project, copied the fxg files into a package there, created the Modules and can build the swf files from here as well (I created a link-report in the master application and used this when building the Modules).
It is much easier to have everything together in the main application, can anyone please explain where I am going wrong.