A few days ago I tried to feed IDEA some stack dumps obtained using kill -3.
Questions so far:
1) In this particular stack dump there are over 100 (pool) threads waiting. The stack looks like this:
"http-0.0.0.0-8080-170" daemon prio=1 tid=0x59ae7ab0 nid=0x7c62 in Object.wait()
at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
- waiting on (a org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread)
- locked <0x780419d8>]]> (a org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread)
However, IDEA marks them as runnable. Does that make sense? They seem to be waiting on a condition, so I'd expect to see a "paused" icon or something similar.
2) A few threads are rendered with a pink background color. What does that mean?
3) It would be very convenient if IDEA could (optionally) group threads with the same stack. This would for example remove the visual clutter from the 200 waiting Tomcat pooled threads in this particular thread dump