8375: Facelets not detected.

Hi,

I was trying to import a project that has several seam based components and facelets. The facelets were not imported to the project. How do I get IntelliJ to detect all Seam specific components. I'm using the latest Diana build #8375

Edited by: Samuel Doyle on May 22, 2008 12:07 AM

9 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Are you working with Idea 7 or the Idea 8 Early Access (code named Diana).
Seam/facelets support has been rewritten and is much more powerful in Diana
(though there still is the occasional bug).

That said:
I am not quite sure what you mean by "facelets were not imported".

Please have a look at IDE Settings -> File Types.
For Idea 8 you should have your *.xhtml files assigned to Facelets file type.
For Idea 7 you should use the JSPx file type instead.

For Idea 8 also verify that there is a Seam facet configured for each module
of your project that uses Seam.

BTW are you using Trinidad or Rich Faces? Both currently require to configure
facelets in a way that Idea 8 does not (yet) automatically detect, see
http://www.jetbrains.net/jira/browse/IDEADEV-26738

Samuel Doyle wrote:

Hi,

I was trying to import a project that has several seam based components and facelets.

> The facelets were not imported to the project. How do I get IntelliJ to detect all Seam specific components.

0
Comment actions Permalink

I downloaded Diana for the Seam support. I have many .xhtml files that reside in the project and none were imported when I created a new project based on the existing sources. The Seam facet is enabled in my project.

I'm using the latest Diana build #8375

I looked at the JEE structure and no Seam objects were displaying. Does your create project based on existing source even work with Seam?

Edited by: Samuel Doyle on May 22, 2008 12:13 AM

0
Comment actions Permalink

Did you check the file type mapping of *.xhtml in the IDE settings?

Is there a web facet attached to your module and in that facet's settings
have you added the directory with your *.xhtml as a web resource directory?


Samuel Doyle wrote:

I downloaded Diana for the Seam support. I have many .xhtml files that reside in the project and none were imported when I created a new project based on the existing sources. The Seam facet is enabled in my project.

0
Comment actions Permalink

I'll look into this but why doesn't IntelliJ discover this when importing the project? It seems like this should not be a manual step.

0
Comment actions Permalink

I have added a module manually which contains the .xhtml files myself. I have attached a web facet to the module like you said and all my tags are red since I am using RichFaces which is a problem as you previously pointed out. How do I enable the auto completion and navigation within the Facelets for the Seam components. I'm not getting any of this now it doesn't appear that it even understand I'm referencing a Seam component?

0
Comment actions Permalink

Using Rich Faces is a problem for (current EAP) Idea only in detecting facelets.

Let me mention it a third time:
Have you checked that *.xhtml files are mapped to "Facelets" file type (IDE Settings -> File Types)?

Samuel Doyle wrote:

I have added a module manually which contains the .xhtml files myself. I have attached a web facet to the module like you said and all my tags are red since I am using RichFaces which is a problem as you previously pointed out. How do I enable the auto completion and navigation within the Facelets for the Seam components. I'm not getting any of this now it doesn't appear that it even understand I'm referencing a Seam component?

0
Comment actions Permalink

Yes, I must say your Spring support works much smoother then this.

0
Comment actions Permalink

your Spring support

I am in no way affiliated with JetBrains - just a long time Idea user that is currently using Seam a lot.

Of course Spring support is working much smoother - it is much more mature after all.

It really sounds to me like a problem with project configuration.
Can you post/e-mail a zip with the problematic project (stripped from confidential source)?

Or else will an example Idea project help, that you can simply open and compare to your own?

0
Comment actions Permalink

your Spring support

I am in no way affiliated with JetBrains - just a long time Idea user that is currently using Seam a lot.

Of course Spring support is working much smoother - it is much more mature after all.

It really sounds to me like a problem with project configuration.
Can you post/e-mail a zip with the problematic project (stripped from confidential source)?

Or else will an example Idea project help, that you can simply open and compare to your own?


Oh I see well thank you very much for your responses! I thought you may have worked for JetBrains :). I'm going to give JBoss Tools a quick spin although I will probably end up going back to IntelliJ since I'm not a big fan of Eclipse.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.