A few Flex issues in 7.0.3

I really welcome the work you put into Flex development in IDEA. With 7.0.3 I found a few issues:
- I would expect outline view (CTL-F12) to work in ActionScript and MXML (<mx:Script> sections) to work like in plain JavaScript.js files
- import of classes written in MXML creates "Unresolved variable" warning
- the formatter has a minor problem - the first line is not indented correctly

Thanks and Regards,
Peter

14 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Correction: the formatter handles the first line of a comment line incorrectly (either starting with // or /**) - indentationwise.

Peter

0
Comment actions Permalink

I would much appreciate some small but complete examples illustrating
the problems, it will help to fix them MUCH easier

Peter Jacobsen wrote:

I really welcome the work you put into Flex development in IDEA. With 7.0.3 I found a few issues:
- I would expect outline view (CTL-F12) to work in ActionScript and MXML (<mx:Script> sections) to work like in plain JavaScript.js files
- import of classes written in MXML creates "Unresolved variable" warning
- the formatter has a minor problem - the first line is not indented correctly

Thanks and Regards,
Peter



--
Best regards,
Maxim Mossienko
IntelliJ Labs / JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Maxim - I am trying to put together an example. How do I add an external library like "cairngorm.swc" without polluting the SDK with it? I tried the project settings (Modules-Dependencies) but no luck.

Thanks,
Peter

0
Comment actions Permalink

IDEA supports package import for swc's from 'libs' directory under
content root (I was told that FlexBuilder works like that).

Peter Jacobsen wrote:

Hi Maxim - I am trying to put together an example. How do I add an external library like "cairngorm.swc" without polluting the SDK with it? I tried the project settings (Modules-Dependencies) but no luck.

Thanks,
Peter



--
Best regards,
Maxim Mossienko
IntelliJ Labs / JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Maxim - the assumption is true, but in FlexBuilder you can also choose additional directories to be scanned for "swc" files. But due to a really stupid behavior in FlexBuilder the "libs" directory is completely useless. When checking out Flex source code from a repository with a "libs" directory, FlexBuilder removes it and re-creates it upon creating a new project over existing sources - effectively removing all "libs" content. I am using a "lib" directory with additional "swc" libraries which I maintain in SVN because it survives creating a new FlexBuilder project. It would be nice to have this option in IDEA, too, because I will use both (FlexBuilder only for design view, coding and debugging in IDEA) on the same source.

Thanks,
Peter

0
Comment actions Permalink

I'm on 7.0.3 and I am still having a hard time getting this to work. Can you kindly outline all the steps to get an external ..swc library woring with the IntelliJ sample : http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/docs/Creating_Flex_Applications_with_IntelliJ_IDEA.pdf

or provide a sample project that uses an external .swc file along with its use in a mxml file.

Thanks,
Sanjiv

0
Comment actions Permalink

swc's under libs directory under content root are picked up by IDEA.
Then import package in mxml with attribute like following
xmlns:filters="flash.filters.*"

Sanjiv Jivan wrote:

I'm on 7.0.3 and I am still having a hard time getting this to work. Can you kindly outline all the steps to get an external ..swc library woring with the IntelliJ sample : http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/docs/Creating_Flex_Applications_with_IntelliJ_IDEA.pdf

or provide a sample project that uses an external .swc file along with its use in a mxml file.

Thanks,
Sanjiv



--
Best regards,
Maxim Mossienko
IntelliJ Labs / JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0
Comment actions Permalink

Any hints on how to reproduce problems 2 / 3?

Peter Jacobsen wrote:

I really welcome the work you put into Flex development in IDEA. With 7.0.3 I found a few issues:
- I would expect outline view (CTL-F12) to work in ActionScript and MXML (<mx:Script> sections) to work like in plain JavaScript.js files
- import of classes written in MXML creates "Unresolved variable" warning
- the formatter has a minor problem - the first line is not indented correctly

Thanks and Regards,
Peter



--
Best regards,
Maxim Mossienko
IntelliJ Labs / JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0
Comment actions Permalink

I attached an example for 3). After hitting CTL-L, some comment lines and the first "import" line are not indented correctly. Also, when you try to insert a line of code in the import section (Shift-Enter), the indentation is wrong. Sometimes, when I move code around (move the line "import mx.controls.Button;" down into the next block), code analysis loops at 100% CPU and never finishes - I have to shutdown IDEA.

Note: I used Diana EAP for these tests because without Run/Debug integration the workflow with 7.0.3 is too clumsy.

Thanks,
Peter

0
Comment actions Permalink

I do not see any image attached to your post :(

0
Comment actions Permalink

Next attempt...

Peter

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hmmm - I can see the upload progressbar, but I dont see a link to the uploaded file.

Peter

0
Comment actions Permalink

I think JIRA request with screenshot would be the best :)

Peter Jacobsen wrote:

Hmmm - I can see the upload progressbar, but I dont see a link to the uploaded file.

Peter


--
Best regards,
Maxim Mossienko
IntelliJ Labs / JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0
Comment actions Permalink

I have two problems
1.how to setup to support the namespace . for example,i copy the flexlib.swc to libs.but i have to use the
xmlns:flexlib="flexlib.mdi.containers.*" to reference the as can`t use the
xmlns:flexlib="http://code.google.com/p/flexlib/"

2.how to reference to the ActionScript Source code for the swc ? Just like for the jar ,i can add the source code.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.